Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Q7 MMI Board Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q7 MMI Board Replacement

Hello,

I am looking to replace my MMI board after some coffee was spilt on it. My board has a P/N of 4LO919609M, this board is a 4 button. I found a 8 button out of China from a link on another posting from this forum...my question is, would the 8 button work with the 4 button configuration...I just would not be using the additional 4 buttons. Other than having a 4 more buttons, they look the same...thoughts?

See attached jpg's

Best - Andrew
Attached Images   
Old 03-20-2014, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

I highly doubt a 8 button circuit board will function the same as a 4 button circuit board, even thought they're physically the same. You might be able physically swap it out. There's got to be logic in the board that allows 8 button functionality which will be completely different from the 4 button version.

I'm just thinking from an electronic perspective. The physical aspect might be the same because the MMI is physically the same across different model years. But your controllers and other electronics get upgraded.

-ThinkMac-
Old 03-26-2014, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ithinkmac
I highly doubt a 8 button circuit board will function the same as a 4 button circuit board, even thought they're physically the same. You might be able physically swap it out. There's got to be logic in the board that allows 8 button functionality which will be completely different from the 4 button version.

I'm just thinking from an electronic perspective. The physical aspect might be the same because the MMI is physically the same across different model years. But your controllers and other electronics get upgraded.

-ThinkMac-
I agree with this and add that unless the car has connections that read/ speak to each button, you may get read errors as the board will be looking for them to be connected. I'm not an expert on this AT ALL, but this would be my fear.