Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Lowered Q7's

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowered Q7's

Does lowering your Q7 such as the ones in the "Lowered Q7" thread void the warranty from Audi? Some of those are just what I'd like to do but don't want to void any warranties, Audi or after market. TIA.
Old 12-21-2015, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised if it did, Audi is very picky with their warranties. If you have an air suspension model, lower it via VCDS, therefore you can always change it back to default.. Dealer would never know unless you brought it in to be serviced while it was lowered.
Old 12-21-2015, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by D3Audi
I wouldn't be surprised if it did, Audi is very picky with their warranties. If you have an air suspension model, lower it via VCDS, therefore you can always change it back to default.. Dealer would never know unless you brought it in to be serviced while it was lowered.
Where might I look to see how it would look at the lowest setting?
Old 12-21-2015, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 911 Crazy
Does lowering your Q7 such as the ones in the "Lowered Q7" thread void the warranty from Audi? Some of those are just what I'd like to do but don't want to void any warranties, Audi or after market. TIA.
using lowering links or suspension control modules will void warranty. lowering through the vehicles own system will not. the system sags over years and is also calibrated manually from time to time for adaptation or alignment reasons even performing RVC adaptions. at any point it could be out of factory specs.
if your vehicle looks like it is dumped and stanced it will raise flags without a doubt. if you modify accordingly and within reason most will never even notice and just assume you're in dynamic mode.

i have found that for me the point where fashion meets function without sacrificing either is at 10mm front 15mm rear less than factory. if you want to go a hair lower to 15mm front 20mm rear it will improve the curb appeal of the vehicle but it will get a bit jarring on very coarse roads if you ride in dynamic. in comfort it will be slightly better.

Where might I look to see how it would look at the lowest setting?
you do not want to go into the lowest possible setting allowed by the module because there are bump stops in place that trigger at highway speed and throw a suspension fault code. if you do go this route you want to lower for the comfort setting so the suspension does not raise or lower at highway speed and remains static.
Old 12-21-2015, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by iconoclast
using lowering links or suspension control modules will void warranty. lowering through the vehicles own system will not. the system sags over years and is also calibrated manually from time to time for adaptation or alignment reasons even performing RVC adaptions. at any point it could be out of factory specs.
if your vehicle looks like it is dumped and stanced it will raise flags without a doubt. if you modify accordingly and within reason most will never even notice and just assume you're in dynamic mode.

i have found that for me the point where fashion meets function without sacrificing either is at 10mm front 15mm rear less than factory. if you want to go a hair lower to 15mm front 20mm rear it will improve the curb appeal of the vehicle but it will get a bit jarring on very coarse roads if you ride in dynamic. in comfort it will be slightly better.

you do not want to go into the lowest possible setting allowed by the module because there are bump stops in place that trigger at highway speed and throw a suspension fault code. if you do go this route you want to lower for the comfort setting so the suspension does not raise or lower at highway speed and remains static.

Is that a risk worth taking? Won't that void the warranty? In dynamic mode, how much does that lower the suspension?
Old 12-21-2015, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Also, what percentage of the Q7's in your "lowered" thread are stock v modded to lower? Post #363 & 365 is what I'm looking for. Nothing too crazy.

Last edited by 911 Crazy; 12-21-2015 at 06:31 PM.
Old 12-21-2015, 06:58 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Is that a risk worth taking? Won't that void the warranty? In dynamic mode, how much does that lower the suspension?
i don't see it as a risk so i lowered each of the Q7 i have owned. i purchased the adaptive suspension for many different reasons but one of which being the ability to lower and raise for different situations and styles.

Also, what percentage of the Q7's in your "lowered" thread are stock v modded to lower? Post #363 & 365 is what I'm looking for. Nothing too crazy.
here is a short clip of a stock q7 in all the different heights:

these are my old vehicles they are different q7 modified in different ways:

suspension lowered 10mm all around:

20/25 (iirc)

additional photos found in the thread below but i can only comment on my own vehicles.
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...*****-2867925/
(i think there are six different ones in there that i owned or at least five, i don't know if i posted the most recent since it is not lowered yet.)

lowering procedure (at your own risk & no tech support offered):

quattroworld.com Forums: SLC Mod...
Old 12-22-2015, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

i don't see it as a risk so i lowered each of the Q7 i have owned. i purchased the adaptive suspension for many different reasons but one of which being the ability to lower and raise for different situations and styles.

here is a short clip of a stock q7 in all the different heights:

2011 Audi Q7 S-Line Adaptive Air Suspension Demo - YouTube

these are my old vehicles they are different q7 modified in different ways:

suspension lowered 10mm all around:

20/25 (iirc)

additional photos found in the thread below but i can only comment on my own vehicles.
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...*****-2867925/
(i think there are six different ones in there that i owned or at least five, i don't know if i posted the most recent since it is not lowered yet.)

lowering procedure (at your own risk & no tech support offered):

quattroworld.com Forums: SLC Mod...
thanks for the video. What would you guess is the drop from the first shot until the last?
Old 12-22-2015, 06:17 PM
AudiWorld Expert

in the video there is no alteration to factory settings. the video is simply demonstrating the various heights available from the factory.
Old 12-23-2015, 04:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

in the video there is no alteration to factory settings. the video is simply demonstrating the various heights available from the factory.
So would you say that in that last setting in the video that it would be comparable to the 10mm drop in your example above?

Quick Reply: Lowered Q7's