Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

2012 Q7 TDI Prestige Plus 2 years later.....

Old 03-16-2014, 08:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Q7 TDI Prestige Plus 2 years later.....

2 years have gone by fast. Have greatly enjoyed my Q7. Met my dream guy a couple of months after getting it and am now married! He's a sedan guy but loves the Q7 and takes care of it for me.

My experience:

1. Got a few dings in the first few months. Took me a while to get used to it and the rear view camera. Major $$ to get repaired but no dings since. (Fingers crossed).
2. People wondered why I needed such a big car as it was just me and no kids to tow etc. I've been on more road trips since buying this SUV. We always take it, and it is solid and a pleasure to drive on the highway. It's been very comfortable in the back for my aging parents who I tend to cart around more.
3. Pet Peeve: the space between the seat and the middle console. Things drop in there including cell phone charging cords. It is a pain to be fishing things out of there. It's like the Bermuda Triangle of Automobiles.
4. Tires: Didn't last long. Needed replacing soon after 20,000 miles.
5. I live in the South in a hilly area and very little snow. The past two years with snow falls, while every one else is stranded I just drive on by with confidence.
6. Love the warm weather and the cold weather packages.
7. Love the Adaptive Cruise Control.
8. No problems with the air suspension. I have not driven one without so can't compare but my drive is uber comfortable.
9. Had a problem with a broken hose soon after I bought and poor gas mileage. Once the problem was discovered no problems since. Mileage improved.
10. Learned to fill up on Diesel on long trips when I see gas stations. Have almost got stranded in remote areas when I couldn't find diesel.
11. The Navigation has taken me to the wrong place more times than I can count. They should be able to do better.

Very Happy until now with this purchase. Hope my satisfaction continues!
Old 03-17-2014, 03:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Q7DreamGirl
3. Pet Peeve: the space between the seat and the middle console. Things drop in there including cell phone charging cords. It is a pain to be fishing things out of there. It's like the Bermuda Triangle of Automobiles.
May want to invest in these:

http://www.buydropstop.com/
Old 03-17-2014, 03:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

2 years have gone by fast. Have greatly enjoyed my Q7. Met my dream guy a couple of months after getting it and am now married! He's a sedan guy but loves the Q7 and takes care of it for me.

My experience:

Very Happy until now with this purchase. Hope my satisfaction continues!
100% agree.

4. Tires: Didn't last long. Needed replacing soon after 20,000 miles.
Sounds about right. May research for another brand after my 2nd set is due to for change.

11. The Navigation has taken me to the wrong place more times than I can count. They should be able to do better.
My biggest peeve. Illogical in it route selection and have been using my smartphone google maps for navigation. My Audi Connect google navigation in my S6 seems to be "smarter".
Old 03-17-2014, 06:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Many thanks! I'm going to check this out.
Originally Posted by audi40
May want to invest in these:

http://www.buydropstop.com/
Old 03-17-2014, 06:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Tire Insurance

One thing I'd add, I did get the tire insurance after reading many of the posts. I'm pretty rough on the tires (esp the passenger side rear tire for some reason). They don't cover cosmetic damage to the rims. I wouldn't do it again if I had my time back.