Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

New Q7 omg

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default New Q7 omg

I got the pleasure to sit on new Q7 and all I have to say , pictures don't do justice to this suv! Stunning ! Wow! Worth every💵
Old 01-26-2016, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lacucina_chef
I got the pleasure to sit on new Q7 and all I have to say , pictures don't do justice to this suv! Stunning ! Wow! Worth every💵
Agree, I saw one on Friday at the dealer for the first time. It's much more impressive in person than in photographs. The old Q7 looked big and bulky to me while the new one looked much smaller. That's an amazing illusion as they are not really much different in size. It show how visual cues can fool you.

The interior is very nicely done! The only challenges for me are that configured the way I would like it the bottom line is $85,600 and there is no TDI option yet, if ever.
Old 01-26-2016, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts
Default I sat in one just this morning.

It is very nice and does feel bigger than I expected based on photos. The dash -- instrument panel is so different that it might take a bit of getting used to. Newer tech is to be expected and something we all just have to keep learning. I expect that the handling is improved as the vehicle is slightly lower. The tow rating has not been reduced (I think) and the interior space looks pretty much the same. I do hope that the TDI deal gets settled so that TDI can be offered again. Today's fuel prices make TDI less attractive than when fuel was $4.00 per gallon but that could return. Regardless the torque of the TDI makes me prefer driving it. I'm pleased that 1. They did not mess it up and 2. It is similar enough that our mk1 Q7s do not look out of date now.
That consistency is one of the nice things about Audis.
Old 01-26-2016, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

sadly the exterior does not match the interior... i love the tech, even so much as to say i ca overlook the cost cutting but i dont love the exterior design (yet).
Old 01-26-2016, 07:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just today, I went in for a test drive. I saw the Q7 side by side next to a Q5 and the Q7 looks like a overgrown Q5 with minor differences. I'm not very impressed with the exterior but I liked the interior and all of the tech gadgets. 2nd row is roomy but the 3rd row is very limited; it's better than the previous Q7 IMO. I'm 6' and I can fit back there but not for more than an hour at the most.
For a SUV, the new Q7 drove very nicely. I own a A6 Prestige and the Q7 drove like a sedan, of course not quite as well as a sport sedan for obvious reasons. The 3.0T gives it very good pickup and the vehicle handles corners very well. Now if I can get my wife away from her GL450, I'd buy a Q7 Prestige as our family SUV! The problem is our GL450 is only a year old. I think we'll wait a year or so until the kinks (if any) are worked out. Overall, the new Q7 is a very nice vehicle. The only thing I don't like are the runflat tires. I haaaaaate runflats!

Last edited by luv2sleep; 01-26-2016 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 75 Likes on 67 Posts

Tow capacity actually increased from 6600lbs to 7700lbs.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

It's only 7700 lbs if you get the Adaptive chassis package. Otherwise it's lower.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Where did you see that specification? I've checked the manual and there is nothing to state that the towing rating is less without Adaptive Chassis?
Old 01-28-2016, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

I know that I saw it in several articles like this one : 2016 Audi Q7: It's A Damn Station Wagon I was also told that by a service manager at two different Audi dealerships.

However I just went through both the online manual and the latest paper manual dated 11.2015 and neither one of them mentioned much of any specifications. So I guess I believe it to be true I just have no proof
Old 01-28-2016, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jallen0
I know that I saw it in several articles like this one : 2016 Audi Q7: It's A Damn Station Wagon I was also told that by a service manager at two different Audi dealerships.

However I just went through both the online manual and the latest paper manual dated 11.2015 and neither one of them mentioned much of any specifications. So I guess I believe it to be true I just have no proof
It sits too high to be a station wagon. The pictures are deceiving. It's better to see it in person. It does sit lower than the outgoing model for sure.

Quick Reply: New Q7 omg