Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

Old 12-09-2018, 09:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by J. Patterson
I believe that is correct. I eplaced one on our 2011. I expect it will eventually happen to our 2015. I used a less expensive aftermarket copy.
Seems that now several sources exist. https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...=2W5VWHNCYHENF
Good looking out, appreciate the links.

Yah, what a pain in the f**king azz.

Actually found a few junk yards who have the item and are willing to ship so that should work. Will be about $35 to $45.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This has just happened to mine too, my replacement arm has no grooves in the hole that attaches to the motor spindle, yet the one I removed (the original) does. Does anyone know if the new arm is supposed to be smooth? Like the spindle will dig into it to ‘bite’ into the softer metal arm??
Im concerned my replacement is a non genuine part, even though the markings are exactly the same as my original, bar these grooves/ridges.

Original Arm, showing grooves.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

I don’t remember for sure but I think my replacement ( it was aftermarket bought on Amazon) was smooth too. I do remember that it had to set just right on the spindle or it would travel too far towards the drivers side and be jerky as it reversed. I remember loosening it and moving it slightly a couple of times before getting it right. I don’t think I could have done that if it was serrated.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by J. Patterson
I don’t remember for sure but I think my replacement ( it was aftermarket bought on Amazon) was smooth too. I do remember that it had to set just right on the spindle or it would travel too far towards the drivers side and be jerky as it reversed. I remember loosening it and moving it slightly a couple of times before getting it right. I don’t think I could have done that if it was serrated.
Thanks for your swift reply J.!
I will have a go at replacing it tomorrow and see how I get on!
Old 01-10-2019, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tinytheclanger
This has just happened to mine too, my replacement arm has no grooves in the hole that attaches to the motor spindle, yet the one I removed (the original) does. Does anyone know if the new arm is supposed to be smooth? Like the spindle will dig into it to ‘bite’ into the softer metal arm??
Im concerned my replacement is a non genuine part, even though the markings are exactly the same as my original, bar these grooves/ridges.

Original Arm, showing grooves.
I just ordered one off of ebay for $40.

I can update this thread once I receive it though youll probably have figured it out by then.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mine did this a few years ago. Flew right off the car into a ditch somewhere.
Old 01-17-2019, 05:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

evidently
this is the breakage problem. heavy rain. The sounds started running and then the arm flew away.
Old 05-07-2019, 01:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Wiper Arm Failure 2013 Q7

This happened to me yesterday! I was driving on the turnpike in the rain. The wipers were on, but not at full speed, and the passenger side broke off, flew across the windshield and took the other wiper blade with it. Apparently, a lot of people have this problem. Has Audi done anything to address this?
Old 05-07-2019, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 566 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by TP Q7
Has Audi done anything to address this?
Yeah, they stopped making em this way when they designed the Gen2.

Quick Reply: Passenger side wiper arm broke completely off