Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Purchasd New 2015 Q7

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Purchasd New 2015 Q7

Greetings all,
I just became a new member since purchasing our new 2015 Q7 a few weeks ago. It's our first Audi, although back in college, I did own a beat up chocolate brown 1979 Audi Fox (which barely qualified as an Audi). Anyway, I was hoping to get some information from experienced members on some of the nuances of the Q7. Hopefully, with time I will have the opportunity to share my experience with newer members as well. For now, the two questions I have are on the dome lighting and rear window. The dome lighting does not turn on when we open the vehicles doors. Can someone guide me on if/how to have the dome lighting turn on when the doors are opened.

Secondly, does the rear window open like a hatch. I couldn't find anything to activate it and I am fearing confirmation that it does not open. Thanks.
Attached Images  
Old 12-17-2015, 09:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Nachserv
Greetings all,
I just became a new member since purchasing our new 2015 Q7 a few weeks ago. It's our first Audi, although back in college, I did own a beat up chocolate brown 1979 Audi Fox (which barely qualified as an Audi). Anyway, I was hoping to get some information from experienced members on some of the nuances of the Q7. Hopefully, with time I will have the opportunity to share my experience with newer members as well. For now, the two questions I have are on the dome lighting and rear window. The dome lighting does not turn on when we open the vehicles doors. Can someone guide me on if/how to have the dome lighting turn on when the doors are opened.

Secondly, does the rear window open like a hatch. I couldn't find anything to activate it and I am fearing confirmation that it does not open. Thanks.
Welcome, beautiful truck! Are you talking about the third row windows or third row sunroof? If third row windows they don't open. As for the third row sunroof , it doesn't fully open (just opens upward a bit). Theres a button for this in the second row where the lights are. I don't know what you mean by dome lights but the trucks interior and exterior lighting can be controlled by the MMI, i think you click on car and then everything comes up (theres options to turn interior lights on/off while entering/leaving the truck). Hope that made sense, if it doesn't work I'll take a look at my Q7 and post step by step instructions but its all controlled by the MMI!
Old 12-17-2015, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The rear liftgate glass does not open independently of the liftgate.
Old 12-17-2015, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Yes, I was referring to the rear glass mounted to the rear door. Thanks for the information from both of you on that. I will check the MMI to change the settings for the interior lighting and I will shrug my shoulders about the rear window.
Old 12-17-2015, 03:43 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 282 Likes on 202 Posts

The dome lights are not controlled by MMI. They are controlled by switch above rear view mirror, like most vehicles.
Old 12-17-2015, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for the info on the interior lighting. I located the setting in the interface and adjusted it. For some reason, the light level was at the lowest setting. Thanks again.
Old 12-18-2015, 03:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Force-1 also hit it right in the head, the on/off button was mixed in the cluster with the sunroof controls. Man, do I feel like a rookie. Thanks again everyone.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Nice ride there Seņor Nacho!
Old 12-21-2015, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Congratulations on the beauty. may I ask how much did you pay for this?
Old 12-21-2015, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ven7782
Congratulations on the beauty. may I ask how much did you pay for this?
Let's put it this way. Seņor Nacho will no longer be able to afford guac and salsa for his nachos!

Quick Reply: Purchasd New 2015 Q7