Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Q 7 - A/C OR ESP Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q 7 - A/C OR ESP Problem?

The car is Q7 - 2010 model. Always maintained with the dealer.

A couple of weeks ago, the car was parked in high temperature (43 Centigrade / 109 Farenheit ) and the engine and A/C were both switched on. When i put the car in drive mode, there was a bleep noise, along with a flash of the ESP warning indicator on dash board and the engine automatically switched off. I switched on the engine again and turned on the A/C as well but after a minute or so of driving, the engine again switched off automatically and of course the A/C stopped as well. This happened 2-3 times again till i permanantly switched off the A/C, after which there was no issue and i drove normally without the A/C. Next day, i switched on the A/C to test and it worked fine but by the evening the A/C was blowing warm air. I took the car to the dealer who changed the A/C motor and everything seemed to be fine for two weeks. The A/C worked OK and there were no problems with the engine. However, the dealer told me that the A/C gas/refrigerant level was low (which he topped up) so I should monitor it as any future issues could mean possible problems in the A/C evaporator.

For two weeks, i had no issue and the A/C worked fine. However, today during peak warm day, the same thing happened again. First, when i switched the car on (in open air parking with soaring day temperatures), the A/C was blowing hot air for 3-4 minutes. After switching the engine off and then restarting it, the A/C seemed to be working somewhat OK. However, after five minutes of driving, when i reached a signal (and the car was on neutral), the engine automatically shut down. I had to restart the car without A/C and then the car worked alright. In the evening, the A/C was working somewhat OK but not very effective.

The dealer has advised me to bring the car so he can check the evaporator.

Any advise on what could be possible problems? Thanks !!