Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Q7 ’14 Jacking mode on & greyed out

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q7 ’14 Jacking mode on & greyed out

Hi,
Would someone have ideas on how to continue troubleshooting.

Q7 ’14 Suspension levels greyed out

Q7 ’14 Jacking mode on and greyed out

Bought that car couple of weeks ago. Suspension worked like a charm. There was an old fault code of compressor overheating which disappeared after reset.

About a week ago I noticed that the susp. levels had turned grey and behind the service menu, Wheel chg. mode was ”on” and greyed out as well. No fault codes.

Car rides fine and is on standard height (ok, maybe 5mm lower than reference). I’ve learned that when jacking mode is on, electricity for the compressor is shut down. Pressures for the pressure container (16+ bar) and the shocks (6+ bar) are ok.

Today, I took the car to my mechanic. We changed the compressor relay (as it is the usual suspect causing compressor overheating). We bled the air out and filled the system (in case the air would have been damp). I tested also the lowering of the rear end from the switch in the trunk. Everything worked like it should, so release valves on top of struts are not the problem. No overheating of the compressor. I calibrated the ride height.

Levels are still greyed out and jacking mode is on without possibility to turn it off. What am I missing here??? Is there still some reset option that needs to be performed?
Old 10-18-2018, 11:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 565 Likes on 447 Posts

you shut all the doors and does the vehicle think all the doors are shut? (ie, sensors work) usually wont let you change air suspension settings w/a door ajar because it dont want you damaging doors lifting/lowering them onto something like a curb/landscaping.
Old 10-19-2018, 03:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I can set mine with the driver's door open. S-O-P at the tire store before they lift it.
Old 10-19-2018, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

The calibration has been done doors closed and calibration completed ok (adaptation channel 005). The funny thing is that I have not turned the jacking mode on with this car at all.

What activated the jacking mode and why are my level selection greyd out. Everything seems to work as it should but either some reset is pending or some condition is not met.
Old 10-19-2018, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

When you did the adaption, did it raise and lower correctly as part of the process and did you save each wheel height setting before proceeding to the next?

Try running through the test process - it will test each corner for height adjustment.

I suspect there is door sensor not working properly which has locked it in jacking mode. It will do this just in case the height drops once it is out of jacking mode.
Old 10-19-2018, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

When I ran the height calibration with VCDS, it lowered and raised the car when I entered the adaptation channel 001 (Front left). The levels were not that much out of factory test that I didn’t notice any change during the calibration process or right after that. Maybe I need to do it once again and measure if the system has corrected some corner.

Door sensors might be the case - today I had some problems enabling the electronic child lock of the rear right door. But wouldn’t it chime the door ajar warning on the dashboard then?

Did you mean the output test (in VCDS) by the test process? I have not performed that. Does someone have details about what does it do? Maybe I’ll try that too.

Old 10-19-2018, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Did the Output tests - it was rather verbose process and every corner was lowered and raised on its turn, shocks gave similar Amps for soft and hard settings, pressure container test was ok etc. I sat on my car doors closed while doing the output test.

Regarding the door sensors - as it is safety control, I believe struts would not decompress when door would signal being open.

Did the level calibration again - car was running, doors were closed, operated the laptop through open drivers door window. Measured levels were +/- 7mm off the spec. When calibration was finished, the car did not do any corrections to the off-spec corners.

I believe I have done everything I can. I might need to take the car to the dealer as a last resort...

Old 10-22-2018, 04:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If you run the full scan do any other errors show up which may be related in any way?
Old 10-22-2018, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

No other relevant error codes. One intermittent related to Bose bass speaker front left and one for G238 sensor (air quality sensor in the sill panel.
Old 10-22-2018, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 565 Likes on 447 Posts

get a full scan and compare the coding with someone elses scan, perhaps some coding got tweaked on accident..

The first time I hooked my VCDS up to my Q7 I messed something up and my adaptive headlights stopped working, turns out I flipped a bit on something and when I looked at what that bit was for it turned out to be a travel mode for europeans visiting/staying in countries that drive on the other side.. changes the headlights to favor the other direction so your not blinding oncoming traffic, also disables adaptive lighting.. I had a scan from before I started messing around that I used to restore the original coding, didnt throw any errors.

I could totally see some bad coding fixing it in jack mode, have you been doing any coding tweaks at all?

Last edited by dreadlocks; 10-22-2018 at 06:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Q7 ’14 Jacking mode on & greyed out