Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Q7 Air Suspension

Old 05-27-2019, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q7 Air Suspension

Hello,

I have some problems with my air suspension and really hope I can get som help.

The first time I got the warning light was when the car had been standing still for a few months with a flat battery.
The warning light for air suspension only started after ~10min of driving.
The light was never on when i started the car, but always came on after a few minutes.

The fault codes that came up were:
01769 - Sensor for Vehicle Leveling Front Right (G289) - Sporadic 008-Implausible Signal.
01780- Sensor for Vehicle Leveling - Sporadic 003 - Mechanical Failure.

I turned the car in to a local mechanic and he couldn't find the problem. But when i got the car back the warning light was now permanent (it's on when i start the car)
And i got new fault codes together with one of the fault codes above.

01780- Sensor for Vehicle Leveling - Sporadic 003 - Mechanical Failure
01400 - Suspension Level Control - Sporadic 001 - Upper Limit Exceeded.
01437 - Control Position not Learned- Sporadic 005 - No or incorrect base setting/adaptation
01577 - Turn off due to Over-Temp - Sporadic 001 - Upper Limit Exceeded.

I'm not really sure where to begin looking.. Is it a sensor somewhere? A relay or the compressor?

The car is a Audi Q7 - 2009 - 3.0TDI - 4L

I'm really greatful for any advice.

Kind Regards
Ole
Old 05-27-2019, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts

Sounds like the mechanic might have started the suspension adaption setting (relearn height limits), but didn't get through it all. Have you taken a look at the front level sensor? I would start there, and you'll need a Vagcom. If none of that makes sense your going to want to find a good euro shop and call them up and ask about their experience with Audi air suspension. Its probably a simple fix.
Old 05-27-2019, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 75 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Built4Sin
Sounds like the mechanic might have started the suspension adaption setting (relearn height limits), but didn't get through it all. Have you taken a look at the front level sensor? I would start there, and you'll need a Vagcom. If none of that makes sense your going to want to find a good euro shop and call them up and ask about their experience with Audi air suspension. Its probably a simple fix.
My black 4.2 had bad residual check valves on the rear air springs that caused a similar code (but for the rear suspension). Rear suspension is easy to deal with, fronts are big pains. Oh, also on the 4.2 I had all the front suspension components replaced (minus the air springs and shocks), and they had a hard time fitting the level sensor on the front upper arms. This caused a similar code to your car. The fix was simple but time consuming for them (they didn't do a proper level adaptation afterward, I tried and it failed several times, narrowed it down to the sensors for them), they just needed to clearance the flashing on the control arm castings to allow the sensors to fit properly. Otherwise, the sensors are something like $150 each going from memory of a year ago.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you guys alot, really helps!

I'm gonna buy new sensors for the front and see what I can do. I'll post any progress.
Old 06-18-2019, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Do all of these have air suspension?
Old 06-18-2019, 07:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 565 Likes on 447 Posts

no, very few did
Old 06-29-2019, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default 2013 A8L TT 4.2 yellow suspension light help

Hello,
I have been getting this yellow air suspension light on and off for a few months. I have taken it to a mechanic he is done scans multiple times but no errors or faults show up. But the light keeps coming on every several days. Any thoughts ,suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Old 06-29-2019, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 565 Likes on 447 Posts

Yeh need a mechanic that has vag diagnostic software, won't throw anything in a generic reader
Old 06-29-2019, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yeah I am pretty sure it's the latest and greatest scan software used by Audi mechanics at Audi service centers. Is there another scan specific to air suspension fault ? Thanks so much for insight.
Old 06-29-2019, 07:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts

Sounds like a generic tool was used like dreadlocks suggested. Not what an Audi tech would use.

if you’re getting a light, that’s a hard code. It can easily be pulled, Audi techs and VCDS (Vagcom) can also pull hidden codes,

Point being, that a Vagcom can scan the air suspension system itself and tell you what the exact fault is, mileage it happened at, date, time, frequency, etc.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Q7 Air Suspension