Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Q7 Best All Season Tire Money Can Buy?

Old 06-27-2016, 07:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Q7 Best All Season Tire Money Can Buy?

I started this thread a couple weeks ago - https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...ience-2898846/

I ended up buying the new Michelin Premier LTX and have driven them for a 1000 miles. However, I will be replacing them next week. Even though they are more comfortable than the OEM Pirelli tires, they are just too noisy (droning at hwy speeds) and they do not handle well.

I am looking for a quiet 20 inch tire that handles road imperfections well. I don't mind if they cost more and they only last 20k miles. I am looking for a high quality ride (quiet, smooth and decent grip).

The choices I am currently considering are Michelin Latitude Tour HP (I had these on other SUV's before) or Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06. The reason I am considering Continental is from my experience driving Audi sedans lately and they have Continental tires and they are smooth/quiet.

Which of these two are better? Is there another tire I should be considering?
Old 06-28-2016, 04:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm getting ready to replace the tires on my 2015 Q7 3.0 TDI, and am giving very serious consideration to the Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus.

Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus
Old 06-28-2016, 04:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DUTCH VanAtlanta
I'm getting ready to replace the tires on my 2015 Q7 3.0 TDI, and am giving very serious consideration to the Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus.

Pirelli*Scorpion Verde All Season Plus
mind if i ask why you're replacing them so soon?
Old 06-28-2016, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Bklyn_Quattro
mind if i ask why you're replacing them so soon?
25,000 miles and the factory tires are almost on the wear bars.
Old 06-28-2016, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

25,000 miles and the factory tires are almost on the wear bars.
Whoa, didn't think you had logged that many miles on your car in just over 1 year. The Scorp Verde are on my list as well as the Conti DWS.
Old 06-28-2016, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Bklyn_Quattro
Whoa, didn't think you had logged that many miles on your car in just over 1 year. The Scorp Verde are on my list as well as the Conti DWS.
Actually, it's been 16 months with a round trip trip to Alaska from Atlanta. It adds up.

The Scorpion Verde All Season Plus has some very high wear ratings, higher than anything else in the correct size. The only thing that makes me hesitate a bit is the fact that they are made in Mexico.
Old 06-28-2016, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Pirelli*Scorpion Verde All Season Plus
I saw all the positive reviews(top ratings) on the Scorpion Verde but I am bit biased against the brand. I have had several cars over the years that came with OEM Pirellis and I can only think of one case that I liked their tires (P Zeros). In this case I could be wrong, my dealer recommended Verde as their favorite tire and the tread looks good.
Old 06-28-2016, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Audi Vader
I saw all the positive reviews(top ratings) on the Scorpion Verde but I am bit biased against the brand. I have had several cars over the years that came with OEM Pirellis and I can only think of one case that I liked their tires (P Zeros). In this case I could be wrong, my dealer recommended Verde as their favorite tire and the tread looks good.
There are 3 or 4 different Pirelli Scorpion Verde tires. The All Season Plus are what I'm considering; and they get very good reviews on Tirerack.com.

Last edited by DUTCH VanAtlanta; 06-28-2016 at 11:30 AM.
Old 06-29-2016, 03:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

nokian wr3.
The following users liked this post:
2015q7tdi (03-25-2020)
Old 06-29-2016, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

+1 on the Pirelli Verde Plus. 10k on my set and they are wearing so much better than the Parada Spec-x I had on prior. Verde+ should last much longer than the OEM Scorpion Asym which was a less than stellar tire from what I've heard.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Q7 Best All Season Tire Money Can Buy?