Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Q7- need location of jack points for floor jack and jack stands (front and rear)

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Q7- need location of jack points for floor jack and jack stands (front and rear)

I've been trying to search for the Q7's jack points. I see where the scissor jack points are but my circular floor jack pad seems too large for the rectangular notched area and seems like it would crush that plastic guide piece. Do they sell a jack pad adapter that would fit in that rectangular notched area that I could put on my floor jack? Until I find that rectangular jack adaptor, where would be the next best place to jack up the car (front and rear)? And lastly, where to position fixed jack stands once the car is off the ground (front and rear)? Thanks for your help!
Old 06-24-2014, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If you look further under at the front you will see the rear subframe mounts - these are ideal to jack under. I have filled the centre of the 'dish' on my trolley jack with some very hard plywood. This allows for a little compliance of the surface without it damaging the car. At the rear I think there is a similar subframe or cross-member mount which is fairly obvious when you look underneath. It is a large circular bush with a bolt through the centre.
Once in the air, an axle stand can be pushed under one of lower suspension links or similar strong part of the suspension.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

EddW,

are these the ones you're talking about?
Attached Images   
Old 11-15-2015, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jacking Up the Porsche Cayenne | 2003-2008 | Pelican Parts DIY Maintenance Article

this is the article you need, with pictures. I used it today to put my Q7 on jackstands.
Old 11-16-2015, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks! for reference, first pic in my post is the front and second is the rear.
Old 11-16-2015, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, they are ideal for the round dish on the end of the lifting arm on a trolley jack and you can then put axle stands under the large round sub-frame tubes which run either side of the engine - you will see where at the front - it's fairly obvious. At the rear I usually put the axle stands under the rear suspension - I think it's part of the lower wishbone but it's obviously strong enough - not the thin lower link - this will bend!
If you need the weight off the rear suspension, jack it under the rear sub-frame behind the diff and then put stands under the forward rear sub-frame mounts as in your photo No2.

Remember to make sure it's very secure before crawling underneath!

I am always really careful with any air suspension car not to get underneath at all unless it's jacked - I don't even really risk just reaching under just in case a corner drops suddenly due to a fault.
Old 11-16-2015, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks again. for added protection I cut up a piece of 2 inch plywood block and had my neighbor drill the center to fit the bolts.

always did the pinch weld on my other Audi, but don't trust it on the Q7. this boy is really heavy and I wanted to make sure I'm jacking up correctly
Old 01-09-2016, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob4.2
Thanks again. for added protection I cut up a piece of 2 inch plywood block and had my neighbor drill the center to fit the bolts.
About to change over to my winter set up for the first time myself. (been pretty warm here in CT until now). Bought a floor/trolly jack and a torque wrench and am ready to cause some damage!

I am assuming I would damage the the mounts in the pictures above if I just put the jack under the head of the bolt... yes? I will probably drill a hole in some hard wood to accommodate the bolt, per recommendation above, but if I didn't want to do that, is there an alternative jack point?

Gracias
Old 01-09-2016, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had some thick cardboard from my jack box under there. The bolts are massive, you are not going to do damage.
Old 01-09-2016, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by M3 Ninja
I had some thick cardboard from my jack box under there. The bolts are massive, you are not going to do damage.
Gracias

Quick Reply: Q7- need location of jack points for floor jack and jack stands (front and rear)