Q7 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Q7 Ordering Menu

 
Old 01-05-2012, 11:12 PM
  #1  
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q7 Ordering Menu

We just ordered a 2012 Q7 S-Line Prestige (very excited). Seemed like a pretty straight forward process - though I have to say I think that Audi US could offer a bit more flexibility in the choices of options: lack of wheel choices and interior colors combos leave a lot to be desired for a car with this high a price tag.

However, in reading some posts on other Audi car options I have to ask did we miss anything; not ask the right questions. I see that, for example, the A6 has a choice of different suspension height choices when the car is ordered. We ordered off the main menu that the salesman had. But, are there more subtle things that maybe we should ask about - are there more choices/options if one just knows how/what to ask for? We have an allocation for the build, but it hasn't hit the production line yet - so we still have a bit of wiggle room to change the order if need be. From what I understand, once Germany starts wrenching, the order is locked.

I would just hate for the car to come off the truck at delivery and then have an "oh, you didn't ask for that" conversation...
dingo_s4 is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 05:05 AM
  #2  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 49
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dingo_s4 View Post
We just ordered a 2012 Q7 S-Line Prestige (very excited). Seemed like a pretty straight forward process - though I have to say I think that Audi US could offer a bit more flexibility in the choices of options: lack of wheel choices and interior colors combos leave a lot to be desired for a car with this high a price tag.

However, in reading some posts on other Audi car options I have to ask did we miss anything; not ask the right questions. I see that, for example, the A6 has a choice of different suspension height choices when the car is ordered. We ordered off the main menu that the salesman had. But, are there more subtle things that maybe we should ask about - are there more choices/options if one just knows how/what to ask for? We have an allocation for the build, but it hasn't hit the production line yet - so we still have a bit of wiggle room to change the order if need be. From what I understand, once Germany starts wrenching, the order is locked.

I would just hate for the car to come off the truck at delivery and then have an "oh, you didn't ask for that" conversation...
That is a great question Dingo for I have ordered a 2012 Sline Prestige myself. I've asked my salesman over and over again..."are there any other options available that is not on this sheet that I can order?. The answer was "No". I'm curious if anyone was able to add something extra.

On a separate note Dingo, when did you order your Q7 and how long before you got the word that your order has been picked up by Audi.

I was told that it will take 3 months for me to take delivery of my Q7 but from what I've read, it looks more like 6 to 7 months now.

For those who ordered Q7, please let us know when you ordered your truck and if you had any status updates.

I ordered my in 12/1/2011 and order has not been picked up by Audi yet.

Thank you all!
Black_Phantom is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 05:39 AM
  #3  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I've ordered mine on 1st Sep 2011 and it should go into production on 1 Feb 2012.
Larryc is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 08:45 AM
  #4  
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Phantom - I placed our order on 12.15 and we have an assigned production week of mid February. It all depends on when and what kind of allotments the factory gives out for production of specific cars. We were told that the delays are a result of a single factory producing Audis, Volkswagens, and Porsches. Because if this they do the different makes in batches and stagger production runs accordingly. From a business point of view, I don't know how they can survive like that. But hey, with my purchase and wait, I'm enabling that behavior. If the SUV we have was in tough shape and I had ANY amount of haste in my need to purchase, I would have to go to a different make. I do wonder how many people say "3-4 month?! Screw that..." From everything that I have heard so far, a 90-120 day wait is normal from order to keys in hand.
dingo_s4 is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 11:32 AM
  #5  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 49
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dingo_s4 View Post
Phantom - I placed our order on 12.15 and we have an assigned production week of mid February. It all depends on when and what kind of allotments the factory gives out for production of specific cars. We were told that the delays are a result of a single factory producing Audis, Volkswagens, and Porsches. Because if this they do the different makes in batches and stagger production runs accordingly. From a business point of view, I don't know how they can survive like that. But hey, with my purchase and wait, I'm enabling that behavior. If the SUV we have was in tough shape and I had ANY amount of haste in my need to purchase, I would have to go to a different make. I do wonder how many people say "3-4 month?! Screw that..." From everything that I have heard so far, a 90-120 day wait is normal from order to keys in hand.

That is unbelievable that they only have one factory building all these cars/suv. If my Q7 comes any later than March, I will wait for the new facelift and cancel my order.
Black_Phantom is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 12:11 PM
  #6  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Salem Virginia
Posts: 145
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I ordered my Q7 the day after Thanksgiving. Its been assigned to production as of 12-13. I am not sure when its going to actually be produced but my dealer did have an allocation so maybe that helped to speed up the process.
macknyt is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 12:18 PM
  #7  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 49
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by macknyt View Post
I ordered my Q7 the day after Thanksgiving. Its been assigned to production as of 12-13. I am not sure when its going to actually be produced but my dealer did have an allocation so maybe that helped to speed up the process.
That did speed things up because they have an allocation. When the dealer gets an order #, in a few weeks you will officially have a Vin#.
Black_Phantom is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 12:28 PM
  #8  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Salem Virginia
Posts: 145
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

The sooner the better! I did have to change from Ibis to Glacier. I hope Glacier is good! My dealer has an A4 thats Glacier so I am going to go check it out tonight.
macknyt is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 12:56 PM
  #9  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by macknyt View Post
The sooner the better! I did have to change from Ibis to Glacier. I hope Glacier is good! My dealer has an A4 thats Glacier so I am going to go check it out tonight.
Mike, make shure you check both samples Glacier and Carrara (new one instead of ibis). I wanted to have Ibis at first, but they were not offering any non-metallic white color in Sept. so I ordered Glacier white. A week or two later Carrara white appeared and it looks a lot better than Glacier. When you put two samples together, they look the same on the sun, but in shadow Glacier is grayish and Carrara is pure white.
Larryc is offline  
Old 01-11-2012, 04:30 AM
  #10  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 49
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Larryc View Post
Mike, make shure you check both samples Glacier and Carrara (new one instead of ibis). I wanted to have Ibis at first, but they were not offering any non-metallic white color in Sept. so I ordered Glacier white. A week or two later Carrara white appeared and it looks a lot better than Glacier. When you put two samples together, they look the same on the sun, but in shadow Glacier is grayish and Carrara is pure white.

Larry is right, Glacier looks greyish in shadow and not pure white. Ibis white has been delayed since the Tsunami in Japan where the paint is made. I too ordered Glacier white.
Black_Phantom is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Q7 Ordering Menu


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: