Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

New Q7 Owner - few questions

Old 06-25-2014, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Q7 Owner - few questions

Picked up a CPO 2012 TDI Premium Plus yesterday. I have been searching, but haven't found answers to a few questions. Dealer claimed I have a factory tow package, but the 7 pin connector is not installed. This is making me question things. There is a metal plate installed over the 7 pin connector location. I also have a large open space on the drivers side of the spare tire storage compartment. There is an area of black anti-slip paint that looks like it may have had something installed on top of it at one point. The air compressor is there (further left). The bottom of the area also has what looks like the bottom of rivets coming through it. I meant to take a picture, but the wife already headed to our vacation house with the car. I got 40 minutes driving before she decided it would have more room than her car for the trip .
Old 06-25-2014, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

the 7pin connector was an additional charge and part of a kit for $240-250.
it included the ball hitch, connector and hitch pin.

you have to look on your build sheet or on the pr code list and see if you have: 1D6 & PIO.
(which is tow package & trailer preparation package)

bottom right corner should be flat tire kit/tools in a styrofoam holder and underneath that is where you store your ball hitch. top left corner should be an air compressor to inflate the tire. if you did not receive the air compressor complain to the dealer it is supposed to come with the car and is part of the CPO process. if your build sheet states the additional tow pieces came with the car then you should get those as well if it was installed after by the customer you're not entitled to it but you can ask.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by iconoclast
the 7pin connector was an additional charge and part of a kit for $240-250.
it included the ball hitch, connector and hitch pin.

you have to look on your build sheet or on the pr code list and see if you have: 1D6 & PIO.
(which is tow package & trailer preparation package)

bottom right corner should be flat tire kit/tools in a styrofoam holder and underneath that is where you store your ball hitch. top left corner should be an air compressor to inflate the tire. if you did not receive the air compressor complain to the dealer it is supposed to come with the car and is part of the CPO process. if your build sheet states the additional tow pieces came with the car then you should get those as well if it was installed after by the customer you're not entitled to it but you can ask.
Had the dealer check the VIN and I should have both pieces. I am going to have a look under the tire kit/tools and see if it is in there. Thanks for the information. The air compressor was there and I actually have an extra one that I removed from my 2007 Q7 TDI that I owned in Europe. Glad on held on to that and the first aid kit for 5 years, now I have the right car for them again.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Expert

it's odd that the previous owner would remove the 7pin connector... it's essentially worthless. it only costs $70 new... i can't imagine there being a significant market for it unless s/he purchased another Q7 or Touareg and installed it.

i purchased an standard fema approved first aid kit... it cost less than the oem product and offered more. fits in the cargo storage bin and in the spare tire well.
Old 06-30-2014, 03:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sjd_boston
Picked up a CPO 2012 TDI Premium Plus yesterday. I have been searching, but haven't found answers to a few questions. Dealer claimed I have a factory tow package, but the 7 pin connector is not installed. This is making me question things. There is a metal plate installed over the 7 pin connector location. I also have a large open space on the drivers side of the spare tire storage compartment. There is an area of black anti-slip paint that looks like it may have had something installed on top of it at one point. The air compressor is there (further left). The bottom of the area also has what looks like the bottom of rivets coming through it. I meant to take a picture, but the wife already headed to our vacation house with the car. I got 40 minutes driving before she decided it would have more room than her car for the trip .
I'm pretty sure the open space on the drivers side with the anti-slip is supposed to be like that. I looked at my Q7 and thought the same thing but after having a closer look it seems that the "rivets" you are referring to are screws from something mounted below.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Just curious as to how, or why, you held on to the compressor that was effectively part of the car unless it was a total loss?
Old 07-03-2014, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Edd W
Just curious as to how, or why, you held on to the compressor that was effectively part of the car unless it was a total loss?
I was at the end of an ex pat assignment and I had the movers clean the car out for me. They removed a few things they shouldn't have. The car actually went to a co-worker after I left. I contacted him once I found the items while unpacking the car. The moving company ended up replacing the items.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

<<<@!1!@>>>

It costs about 1/5-1/4 of that on Amazon or from etrailer.

Amazon Amazon

Last edited by DUTCH VanAtlanta; 07-04-2014 at 03:52 AM.
Old 07-04-2014, 04:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

That's a win on both counts then!
It's just a sensitive issue for me because I have seen so many cars where people have kept Nav dvd's, jacks... etc just because they were able to and it seems such a petty thing to do.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Originally Posted by DUTCH VanAtlanta
<<<@!1!@>>>

It costs about 1/5-1/4 of that on Amazon or from etrailer.
not an oem part but does it work the same way? no fault codes or issues?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Q7 Owner - few questions