Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Q7 Sold!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q7 Sold!

Sorry guys my Q7 has gone!

Some of you may recall my postings about 2 weeks ago, giving the reasons why I was thinking of selling. I guess like other SUV owners, the paranoia about future residuals, rising fuel prices, Road tax, the anti 4x4 brigade coupled with the anti car brigade, that is the British Government, all but made my mind up.

So she went yesterday, approximately 40% loss on residual which equates to £20K hit on a £53K vehicle. I dread to think what is in store for future SUV residuals here in the UK, especially with this Labour government at the helm.

Got to say though I am pinning for her return already. Such an imposing beast who never skipped a beat and was totally defect free in the brief time I owned her. I cannot sing my praises high enough for this vehicle that is the Q7. She really did tick all the right boxes in every department.

Only time will tell if I made the right decision.

But............I intend to still listen in and contribute to this excellent site.

In the meantime I will be taking the wifes A3 Sportback until I have made my mind up on what to replace the Q7 with. Have just been looking at the recently announced A4 Allroad which may be a suitable replacement, however whatever comes along I do not think I will ever find a comparison to the 'Q'.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why would you sell the car based on future prospect if you enjoyed it so much. just enjoy it.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default After 1 year ouch. You get a GBNF and stop the clock at 4900

Let us know what you get instead.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Maybe a Q5 diesel over there?
Old 02-23-2009, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Blimey...

I thought I got shafted when I traded a 6 month old A6 that I specced exactly to how I wanted and lost 6k sterling from 40k. Still, I had no choice but to trade for a 7 seater when number 4 was found to be on its way. Could you not have done a swap for an A6 or something? I hope they treat you well if you go back to them. I have just returned from a drive to Austria and you see loads of quattro A6s but not many Q7s or other SUVs and let's face it the Germans know what's what. Couldn't floor it on the autobahns this year due to snow, but worth the trip and the satnav was brilliant at avoiding the usual jams around Munich. (also found out how to look at it in 3D when playing around)
Old 02-24-2009, 02:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Blimey...

A nice scenic road trip through europe is something I really wanted to take the Q7 on, and the reason why I chose the vehicle and some of the options I did!

I will run the wifes A3 Sportback until the summer and then probably look at the A4 Allroad. Hopefully there should be some stock on the ground by then.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Have done the same trip in A6 allroads...

old and new versions. You should spend the extra cost of an allroad on some other options on a normal estate version of A4. The allroads don't bring much extra apart from weight and you can look out for the air suspension on a normal version for cheaper. Don't get the s line versions if you value your lower spine.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Q7 Sold!

No amount of abuse of power by the government will 'force' me to sell any of my cars!

When I am done, I want to proudly say that I own 20 cars all of which are 'offensive' to the tree hugging / bias morons who object to the car / suv etc.

As for the cost heaped on road users in the UK, I simply increase client costs to fund any unfair rises in all my businesses.

So for me, I THANK the government for making the UK one of the most expensive places on earth to own & run a fleet of cars.