Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Rear glass breakage sensor and more

Old 04-12-2019, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear glass breakage sensor and more

Hi yall,

Long time Audiworld member first time Q7 owner. Just bought a 2011 TDI about a month ago and so far so good. However, before I bought it I scanned it for faults and found the "Rear glass break sensor" fault code. Can someone point me to where i can find this sensor? troubleshoot this issue?

Additionally when i bought the car it only had one car key which i thought i could live with. Then I started noticing that the key was very finicky. I would try to unlock or lock the car from far or close and it would take me pressing the button several times from different angles for it to work. So I thought let's change the battery, still had the same issues. Then i thought I probably need to sync it, still had same issues. Then i thought maybe the key fob was malfunctioning so i should get an extra key. My wife was going to be mainly driving this vehicle and was getting frustrated with it so the new key would be for her. Bought and got the key programmed at dealership, still has the same issue. All together it wont unlock from more than 10 feet away and sometimes not even from a foot. It's very random From my researching i found that there are several sensors around the car that can be on the fritz but i see no faults for any of them. Can someone guide me to troubleshooting this issue?

Thanks in advance
Old 05-07-2019, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Audi4Man
Hi yall,

Long time Audiworld member first time Q7 owner. Just bought a 2011 TDI about a month ago and so far so good. However, before I bought it I scanned it for faults and found the "Rear glass break sensor" fault code. Can someone point me to where i can find this sensor? troubleshoot this issue?

Additionally when i bought the car it only had one car key which i thought i could live with. Then I started noticing that the key was very finicky. I would try to unlock or lock the car from far or close and it would take me pressing the button several times from different angles for it to work. So I thought let's change the battery, still had the same issues. Then i thought I probably need to sync it, still had same issues. Then i thought maybe the key fob was malfunctioning so i should get an extra key. My wife was going to be mainly driving this vehicle and was getting frustrated with it so the new key would be for her. Bought and got the key programmed at dealership, still has the same issue. All together it wont unlock from more than 10 feet away and sometimes not even from a foot. It's very random From my researching i found that there are several sensors around the car that can be on the fritz but i see no faults for any of them. Can someone guide me to troubleshooting this issue?

Thanks in advance
Anybody?!!