Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Rear Sunroof leak not drain tubes

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Sunroof leak not drain tubes

yeei another leaking Q7.. HAHA . Ok so my wife and I heard a noise in back on Saturday then the speakers started crackling... I pretty much knew what it was. Sunday we took it apart and found a little water on the bose amp as expected. I pulled the fuse and pulled the amp. We took down the headliner a little and put water across the sunroof and she watched, nothing came down tube or was dripping from that corner. I pulled the hose off and rerouted the bottom so it went straight through bottom instead of too the side to get more flow. I took a hose and ran water across the sunroof and drain seamed to be working fine but we could hear water dripping on the headliner. Then it started dripping from the edge closest to from passenger side from middle to passenger right pillar and leaked down. We tested that a few times and then stopped before we created more damage. Basically i have to pull most of headliner down to see what the problem is. Anyone with experience on this ?

thanks much in advance
btw this is a 2007 Q7 3.6 premium with 95,000 miles.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

That sounds like a leak through the seal between the front and rear glass otherwise any leaks down the edge should be caught by the catch tray and end up going down one of the drain tubes.
Have you looked carefully at that seal yet?
Old 03-05-2019, 04:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sandrager
yeei another leaking Q7.. HAHA . Ok so my wife and I heard a noise in back on Saturday then the speakers started crackling... I pretty much knew what it was. Sunday we took it apart and found a little water on the bose amp as expected. I pulled the fuse and pulled the amp. We took down the headliner a little and put water across the sunroof and she watched, nothing came down tube or was dripping from that corner. I pulled the hose off and rerouted the bottom so it went straight through bottom instead of too the side to get more flow. I took a hose and ran water across the sunroof and drain seamed to be working fine but we could hear water dripping on the headliner. Then it started dripping from the edge closest to from passenger side from middle to passenger right pillar and leaked down. We tested that a few times and then stopped before we created more damage. Basically i have to pull most of headliner down to see what the problem is. Anyone with experience on this ?

thanks much in advance
btw this is a 2007 Q7 3.6 premium with 95,000 miles.

Hi what was the issue, did you have to reseal the pipes or was there something else
Old 03-05-2019, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 874 Likes on 715 Posts

Originally Posted by Claude Carcel
Hi what was the issue, did you have to reseal the pipes or was there something else
the op has not been on the board in quite some time.