Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Rookie Questions for My (new to me) Q7 - Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 10:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rookie Questions for My (new to me) Q7 - Please Help

Rookie Questions for My (new to me) Q7 - Please Help

hey guys, i picked up a 2008 CPO Q7 3.6 Premium about 3 weeks ago. now that i've had some time to play with everything, i'm still confused about a few things. can you guys please help? any input is appreciated.

1. is it true that the liftgate/trunk door will only CLOSE electronically? i tried to manually close it, but it seems to not close unless i use EXTREEEME force. in other words, i think it's mainly intended to be closed electronically?

2. how do i delete a saved destination in the navigation? i know how to delete PREVIOUS destinations, but i couldn't find an option to delete a saved route. for example, my saved home. my owner's manual appears to show it as an option, but i don't see it on my screen. perhaps the option is not enabled for some reason on my car? if this is the case, does the dealer have to enable?

3. navigation destinations: in my lexus, i'm able to search for a destination based on the restaurant name or location name - such as "Mcdonald's". i don't see this option in the Audi navigation system - only entering address OR special destinations like airport, hospitals.

can you experts please help? thanks!
Old 03-10-2011, 03:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats. Re 1: It is designed to be used electronically but you can close it manually. You are correct it takes quite a bit of force but its ok you are not breaking anything. When the lid gets to the latch you will hear it buzz as it still electrically locks.
I had a button failure on mine (condensation ran down the wiring and corroded out one of the pins in the connector) so I had to close it manually for a few weeks.
If your battery runs low the battery protection kicks in to prevent excess draining to allow starter function. It kills courtesy lights and anything with electric motors. Typically when you spend an hour loading for a holiday or long trip with the tailgate open it refuses to close.
Solution: start the car or close it manually. It will generate a low battery report on the VAG system but no reset needed. When the battery level recovers (~5 mins) it will work again as normal.
I added the Kufatec comfort closing module so I can close mine via remote fob but it would not function once the button on the tailgate failed.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for that. any comments for the Question 2 and 3?
Old 03-13-2011, 06:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Omniskye,

I have the same question as your question 3. I am too a Lexus owner and trying to figure out how to select a destination by name on my Q7.

Maybe there is no option to select by name.