Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Sports Edition "quarttro" door decal placement help

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 10:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Sports Edition "quarttro" door decal placement help

We have a 2015 Q7 Sports Edition that came from the factory with the "Quattro" decal installed on the rear doors. I am having some work done on the doors that required the decals to be removed and reapplied. I bought a set from the dealer but apparently the newer sets no longer come with the instructions that show the proper placement. Does anyone have a set of instructions laying around the could post up a picture of? Or anyone else with a Sports Edition willing to take some measurements and pictures of how they measured them for me? I would greatly appreciate it. I asked the shop to make a template before they removed the original ones but I am afraid they didn't.

This is the best I could find as far as instructions online, but the measurement picture won't load.
"quattro" decal installation
Old 03-02-2019, 01:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 566 Likes on 448 Posts

I saved a photo when I bought mine, sure dealer sold you OEM and didnt just make a bunch of knockoffs?

From the door gap to the front of the first letter is ~15.5" if its not an actual OEM sticker (even if text is same size the paper backing could be bigger or smaller)

Last edited by dreadlocks; 03-02-2019 at 02:09 AM.
Old 03-02-2019, 05:37 AM
Ace Ventura

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I found it interesting that this appears to be an option as my Sport Edition did not have the quattro sticker and it does not appear on the window sticker. Unless the previous owner removed it..
Old 03-02-2019, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by dreadlocks
I saved a photo when I bought mine, sure dealer sold you OEM and didnt just make a bunch of knockoffs?

From the door gap to the front of the first letter is ~15.5" if its not an actual OEM sticker (even if text is same size the paper backing could be bigger or smaller)
They stopped including the measurements. They are just considered universal fit now.
Old 03-02-2019, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

might as well buy knockoffs then, its just a sticker.. I bought mine for the measurements cuz I couldn't find em heh
Old 03-02-2019, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks dreadlocks, that is exactly what I was looking for. Nope, they are OEM from Audi. They stopped packaging them into the cardboard, and including the instructions a couple years ago.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone have pics of these on a white Q7 by chance? Mine didn't come with them either, I suppose they were optional or what was the deal there?
Old 03-08-2019, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

they were a port option (configured at port, not factory installed) like mudflaps, weather mats and other stuff, dealer or owner had to add it to the vehicle configuration (this would appear on window sticker).. or put it on after the fact (dealer provided). None came w/em by default.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they were a port option (configured at port, not factory installed) like mudflaps, weather mats and other stuff, dealer or owner had to add it to the vehicle configuration (this would appear on window sticker).. or put it on after the fact (dealer provided). None came w/em by default.
Thanks for the incite.