Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Stop-Sale initiated for all 3.0TDI vehicles in the VAG Family...

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lentiman
With the changes to the MDX it can't compete with the Q7. I have a 2007 MDX (purchased in 2007), bought specifically for it's towing capacity though we didn't get the boat until 2014. The new model has a vastly reduced towing capacity so it's a no go. Made me kind of sad as the new MDXs look nice. After the MDX redesign it was either a Toureg or Q7. The new Touregs have a fantastic interior, but I also wanted the cargo room and 3rd row seat. Buying an Escalade is just as expensive and I'd perfer an Audi and TDI so it wasn't really a hard choice. But my 5 day old Q7 is looking at me with guilty eyes now.
I wouldn't count any added depreciation on this until you've actually realized it.

Your Q7 is still what it was and can do what you bought it for, even in light of recent developments. Assuming you were going to keep and enjoy it at least a few years, by the time this all shakes out, I seriously doubt you will see much added depreciation as a result of this diesel debacle at trade/sell time.

And the only way I would agree with people getting compensation for "lost value" while retaining ownership & use of a TDI is if there is a recall that includes an ECU reflash to fix emissions and it significantly diminishes engine performance or fuel economy- at that point you are no longer getting what you paid for....
Old 11-05-2015, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Perhaps they should just press the easy button and pay APR to re-flash all their TDI ECUs? I'd get behind that solution.
Old 11-05-2015, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by D3Audi
Most people who are considering an Audi are looking to stay in the luxury car segment, so the they would never consider a dodge.
i am one of those people... my friend wanted to buy my previous Q7 and wound up buying a dodge... which looked very well done when it arrived so i asked how much it was and i was floored by the price tag...

Originally Posted by VAG-Fan1
And the only way I would agree with people getting compensation for "lost value" while retaining ownership & use of a TDI is if there is a recall that includes an ECU reflash to fix emissions and it significantly diminishes engine performance or fuel economy- at that point you are no longer getting what you paid for....
my thoughts exactly and further more to the point is if you fear any type of change in performance will occur avoid the recall. most people only go to the dealer for warranty work so avoid them until absolutely necessary.

Perhaps they should just press the easy button and pay APR to re-flash all their TDI ECUs? I'd get behind that solution.
LMAO. I wouldn't put an APR product on my car even if it was free...
Old 11-05-2015, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Default and...

offer a lifetime years/miles transferable warranty for any vehicles affected!

I am waiting for the other shoe to drop....on the gas models.
Old 11-05-2015, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by iconoclast
LMAO. I wouldn't put an APR product on my car even if it was free...
But why? What's your experience with APR been? I've had my 2004 A4 chipped since about a month after purchasing it. Zero problems with the tune and zero problems with Audi for warranty work. That said, this was before all the TD1 flag issues on ECU tuned cars. But regardless of the TD1 issues I have never had any problem with my A4 from the tune. Period. And the extra power attained from this inexpensive mod was well worth the minimal cost. What are your reservations?
Old 11-05-2015, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Originally Posted by flynavy
I am waiting for the other shoe to drop....on the gas models.
same, curious if the carbon build-up software updates they made for the RS4 and S5/RS5 and the 4.2L Q7 included some emission issues that were covered up.

But why? What's your experience with APR been? What are your reservations?
my issues with them go back to the b5 days but grew bigger ever after... their products for the b5 a4 and s4 (which i owned both at the time) and their "weak sauce" products that many started calling it... then their internet/pr relations with Arin and then their fugazi bootleg RSC exhaust scam. just all in all leaves me with a distaste for the brand and the products. i am not exaggerating or joking when i say i wouldn't even put a free apr product on my vehicle.
Old 11-05-2015, 03:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I am also waiting for the gas models to show up on the "effected" list.. If you look at exhaust pipes on cars with the 3.0T, their exhaust pipes are pitch black within the first 10k miles of driving... Same thing happens with the 4.2 and some other gas VW/Audis...
Old 11-05-2015, 04:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone, new to the forums here.

Really bummed about this recent development.
I own a 2012 VW 2.0 TDI, affected by first recall. I was already looking to buy a Q7 Prestige TDI S-Line, had an offer in 2 days ago and got a call back that it is not available anymore due to stop sale. It was certified pre-owned from Audi. I could however, still buy one from a third party dealer that does not have to comply with the stop sale.
What are your opinions on this? Should I wait before I drop this kind of money? I'm really itching to get my hands on one for a few months now and now I'm stuck!
Old 11-05-2015, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Expert

i think this is a great time to buy if you can get it at a substantial discount otherwise i would wait to see how it pans out.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will have to wait...

What blows my mind is that I had an offer in at another dealer and couldn't make a final deal over 500 bucks, now they lowered their price by 3,000 and didn't even call me back!

Quick Reply: Stop-Sale initiated for all 3.0TDI vehicles in the VAG Family...