TDI EPA Fix Completed - AudiWorld Forums

Notices
Q7 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

TDI EPA Fix Completed

Reply

 
 
 
Old 11-07-2017, 03:02 PM
  #1  
AudiWorld Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
DUTCH VanAtlanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: USA, GA, Atlanta
Posts: 1,155
Default TDI EPA Fix Completed

I'm starting this thread with the hope that those who have the EPA Settlement Fix done to their TDI will report here with their experience - especially how is the car after the fix has been done? Performance change? Mileage change? Are you as happy with the car after the fix as you were before the fix? Your overall thoughts?

Please, let's leave this thread for those who have actually had the job done to their cars. Thanks.
DUTCH VanAtlanta is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 06:57 PM
  #2  
AudiWorld Member
 
flynavy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: calif.
Posts: 495
Default i'm sorry but...

I couldn't resist....this cartoon came to mind when I read your post...
flynavy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:27 PM
  #3  
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
dreadlocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 993
Default

dreadlocks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 08:08 PM
  #4  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 29
Default

We shall see!

Stopped by the dealer today as I'm in the process of purchasing another Audi. Had an appointment on Nov, 17th for service, was going to ask about them doing the TDI fix then. Figured I'd talk to service since I was there about the fix.

Actually ended up being connected with the Service Director. I ask if they are offering the fix yet, he says the are and asked when I wanted to get it done. I informed him that I had an appointment for service and wanted to get it done then if possible, he then shifted the conversation and asked if I could drop off the vehicle in the morning and they'd get it done and back to me the same day. Initially I didn't know what to say and paused, he then told me to make an appointment that worked for me. I responded by asking if they had loaners available right now, which they did, and we proceeded to start the paperwork.

Said the car should be done tomorrow afternoon or Saturday at the latest (they are doing the fix, 45k service and looking at the A/C)

I will be sure to update once I get it back and have a chance to drive it a bit.
TheMysticWizard1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 09:04 PM
  #5  
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Greystoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: California
Posts: 955
Default

Originally Posted by TheMysticWizard1
We shall see!

Stopped by the dealer today as I'm in the process of purchasing another Audi. Had an appointment on Nov, 17th for service, was going to ask about them doing the TDI fix then. Figured I'd talk to service since I was there about the fix.

Actually ended up being connected with the Service Director. I ask if they are offering the fix yet, he says the are and asked when I wanted to get it done. I informed him that I had an appointment for service and wanted to get it done then if possible, he then shifted the conversation and asked if I could drop off the vehicle in the morning and they'd get it done and back to me the same day. Initially I didn't know what to say and paused, he then told me to make an appointment that worked for me. I responded by asking if they had loaners available right now, which they did, and we proceeded to start the paperwork.

Said the car should be done tomorrow afternoon or Saturday at the latest (they are doing the fix, 45k service and looking at the A/C)

I will be sure to update once I get it back and have a chance to drive it a bit.


Report back ASAP my friend.

Grey
Greystoke is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 03:21 PM
  #6  
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
dreadlocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 993
Default

Reports of Issues after being 'fixed': https://www.reddit.com/r/tdi/comment...rs_working_it/
dreadlocks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 03:36 PM
  #7  
AudiWorld Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
DUTCH VanAtlanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: USA, GA, Atlanta
Posts: 1,155
Default

Originally Posted by dreadlocks View Post
Reports of Issues after being 'fixed': https://www.reddit.com/r/tdi/comment...rs_working_it/
Thanks for posting that. Sure sounds like a good reason to NOT do the fix any time soon.
DUTCH VanAtlanta is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 08:30 AM
  #8  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 55
Default

Dropped mine off Friday AM (11/10) for the fix. Said they would call mid-day. Didn't receive a call Friday or Saturday. In this case I'm assuming "no news is bad news". I'll post once I get it back and drive it for a bit.
Q7pgh1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:37 AM
  #9  
AudiWorld Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
DUTCH VanAtlanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: USA, GA, Atlanta
Posts: 1,155
Default

Originally Posted by Q7pgh1 View Post
Dropped mine off Friday AM (11/10) for the fix. Said they would call mid-day. Didn't receive a call Friday or Saturday. In this case I'm assuming "no news is bad news". I'll post once I get it back and drive it for a bit.
The job is supposed to only take 3 hours; but I'll bet that they may be trying to address some of the problems posted in that Reddit page.
DUTCH VanAtlanta is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 04:21 PM
  #10  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 55
Default

Originally Posted by DUTCH VanAtlanta View Post
The job is supposed to only take 3 hours; but I'll bet that they may be trying to address some of the problems posted in that Reddit page.
I remember reading about the 3 hours. I did ask if they had all the parts and he thought they did. He did call about 20 minutes after I left and asked for the claim number. I don't want to rush them since I want it done correctly.
Q7pgh1 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: