Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Thank you,

Alex
Old 11-13-2018, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Q7 TDI post emissions recall RPM jumping

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
My TDI fix was 3 months ago. As I mentioned somewhere above, I was experiencing erratic shifting/and sudden drops in power WHEN AT LOW speed. (Highway was fine.)... A few time I'll be going up a hill slowly and noticed the car 'jumping' (power on, off, on, off... like you've messed up the clutch moves in a manual car - for those that remember that.)

Anyway, I just went in for a standard 10k service last week. I described the issue. Audi Dealer WAS able to re-create and confirm the issue. They held the car for an extra week. They reported the issue to Audi Corporate. The dealer ended up doing a 'clutch adaptation'.

Works fine now.

How is the tachometer when you put the car into park and hold down the gas pedal? I found that my Q7 post fix is not smooth. I experienced the same thing with the car jumping as you say. It is more noticeable at low speeds than higher speeds but I have noticed it also at higher speeds. I will definitely have the dealership look into it.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

So post settlement do we get free AdBlue refills and if so, for how long?
Old 11-13-2018, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

The book doesn't say how long. I assume as long as you keep the car.
Old 11-13-2018, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by arcsupply
The book doesn't say how long. I assume as long as you keep the car.
l wish we could just pick up an appropriate amount from the dealer parts counter at no charge. I do my own services. At least it’s cheap. Last time I bought 2 5 gal bottles for about $20.00 and poured it in at home. This way I don’t have to drive to and wait around at the dealership. Not a big deal and this way I know exactly how much it is using.
Old 11-13-2018, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

I wish I can do that too. I don't think they are that customer friendly.
Old 11-14-2018, 11:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Adblue 1500 mile warning caste on at 5600 miles for me. Serviced at 5000 miles. Added 5 gallons. I was pulling a trailer at the time. After 45 more miles I got the 600 mile warning. I added two more gallons (that was all I could find in the location I was at in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I drove another 60 miles and the 550 mile warning appeared. I had 50 miles to get to Petosky, MI, and after another 20 miles, the warning light went off. Fletch’s Audi added 17 liters, and said there was nothing wrong on the diagnostics, so not sure what caused the need for my 7 gallons plus 17 liters on a 380 mile trip.
I was uncomfortable with that answer and drove it back to Wausau, WI where I bought it and they diagnosed a bad DEF pump. Since it was replaced, I again made the same trip/towing, and added a quart to fill it after the round trip of 760 miles.
however they re-flashed it at the same time and now I am experiencing the occasional shifting problems mant others have described. Yesterday, the dealer did the 15000 mile service, and told me that they expect that after the mod and there is no fix for it. It’s disconcerting when it happens while passing at highway speeds. Mine is not always when it is cold either.

Old 11-15-2018, 12:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

That is really bad. I am lucky so far. I haven't seen those problem on mine. cross my fingers.
I am considering about the tuning some other people talked here to revert it back. I might wait for the warranty expired first.
I forgot how long is the extended warranty though.
Old 01-17-2019, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

CEL light came on. No other messages (no Adblue warning, no oil warning). 40,014 miles on the clock. It has been 9 months since the 'fix', and one minor fine tuning of the throttle mapping in August. Otherwise, Q7 TDI has been working fine.

An hour drive to, and now sitting at, the Dealer. Waiting for a diagnosis.... Will report back.

[Edit/Update: It is the Particulate Filter. They need to order part... I will need to come back next week to install... that's three more hours - home, back, forth. Any insight to how to be pro-active on this Particulate filter. How long should it last?]

Last edited by BlackOptic; 01-17-2019 at 07:34 AM.
Old 01-17-2019, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

We too had a CEL recently. 12 months 15000 mi since the fix. Q7 needed a new AdBlue injector pump. Turns out there is a TSB for some that had the AdBlue filter installed improperly on the pump. Ours was one of those. Tech found the filter dislodged in the AdBlue tank. Pump had been pumping unfiltered AdBlue. One day to get part. Ready following day. No biggie. Running great. Good fuel mileage. Throttle response improved. Is that connected? No idea. Maybe they did a throttle body reset.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TDI EPA Fix Completed