Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

TPMS and Air suspension

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 01:26 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPMS and Air suspension

I am considering purchasing an Audi Q7 and was told it has the following issue. The TPMS warning light will come on but all tire pressures are within spec. When this happens the air suspension stops working. If you turn the car off and back on the light turns off and the air suspension starts working and it will stay working for several days. Any thoughts?? If this matters, the vehicle is a 2011 S Line Q7. Thank you!!
Old 04-20-2019, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

If you are in the USA, the 2011 Q7 would not be fitted with in-wheel sensors.

Are you buying from a non-Audi dealer?
Old 04-20-2019, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Might need a new battery. All sorts of weird stuff happens on these when the battery starts going out.

Originally Posted by uberwgn

Old 04-20-2019, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by lentiman
Might need a new battery. All sorts of weird stuff happens on these when the battery starts going out.
Originally Posted by uberwgn

Yes, I am in the States and it is a non Audi dealership. It is a little too far for me to just check out unless I am seriously going to by it. I currently do not own a Q7 so I apologize if me assuming it has this I was wrong. What he said was that the warning light for low pressure would come on. He checked all the tires and the pressures are correct. When you simply turn it off and back on the warning is gone and the air suspension is working. This happens without him having to reset anything.
Old 04-20-2019, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 75 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by hawk 7
Yes, I am in the States and it is a non Audi dealership. It is a little too far for me to just check out unless I am seriously going to by it. I currently do not own a Q7 so I apologize if me assuming it has this I was wrong. What he said was that the warning light for low pressure would come on. He checked all the tires and the pressures are correct. When you simply turn it off and back on the warning is gone and the air suspension is working. This happens without him having to reset anything.
What warning light comes on? The amber flat tire light, or an up and/or down arrow superimposed on a car? TPMS error would not keep the suspension from working. There are other issues that will though, ride height sensors, residual check valves, air valve/manifold, air compressor, etc.
Old 04-21-2019, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by cuatrokoop
What warning light comes on? The amber flat tire light, or an up and/or down arrow superimposed on a car? TPMS error would not keep the suspension from working. There are other issues that will though, ride height sensors, residual check valves, air valve/manifold, air compressor, etc.
Thank you for taking the time to answer. I will contact him tomorrow and verify the exact warning light he is seeing. If I remember correctly (our conversation was last Thursday), this has happened to him twice but days apart. Each time he saw the warning light the air suspension also stopped working and both worked after just restarting the vehicle.