Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Weather Tech Floor Liners

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

OK, based on all the reviews good and bad and opinions, good won me out and I pulled the trigger!
1st and 2nd row weather techs it is, which the 2nd row covers the hump nicely, however, they could have created more coverage space, but they still look great!
Front seem to fit really good, but they also seem very thin, which I guess that doesn't matter if they work properly and last, right? I am hoping the heat will relax them a little.
I also purchased the window vents. Popped them in super quick and easy, like less than 5 minutes! They look pretty stinking good, but, when I rolled the front windows up the first time (super slowly tiny increments as suggested) and being completely careful holding the outside out gently, I heard a cracking sound. I don't see a crack or stressed area, but it did sound off on both front windows.
The other issue is when they got to the top, they auto rolled down. Apparently there is a safety for obstructions? I did get them pretty well all the way up and letting them set in for the night, after spending some time in the California sunshine.

All in all, I am quite impressed with the products so far and we will see how well they functions and last.
I have a Q7 logo cargo area mat ($165 value) they threw in with my purchase and I am highly unimpressed with the fitment and will be replacing eventually. It is brand new and for sale, if your interested, hit me up.
Not to break up a match set, but I would, as Built4sin did, consider Maxpider cargo mat over the weather tech, due to the folding capability for use with 3rd row seating. Anybody have difference in opinion, please let us all know.

Thanks for all the input!
It is great to ask questions and actually receive answers, thoughts and opinions!
Old 03-18-2018, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my A6 i have front, rear and trunk with the flap that rolls up and can be put over the bumper to protect it when loading. Fit great. Wish the front passenger side went up 8" higher under the dash - mucky boots get the carpet nasty.
Old 03-19-2018, 07:20 AM
Former Vendor

Received 72 Likes on 72 Posts

You also asked about the window vents. You can't go wrong with Weathetech's in-channel deflectors as they provide a very precise fitment and attach securely.
They're available for the front and rear windows of Q7:
https://www.carid.com/weathertech/in...eflectors.html

Here's an installation video for you:
Old 03-19-2018, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I have them in place and I have to say I have mixed feelings about them, however no remorse or regrets, yet. Just some little things.
First out of the box: I was a little surprised at how thin these are, very lightweight which is OK as long as they last.
They are also pretty hard, as I would expect a little more pliable to allow for relaxing into place, still OK, but I don't feel they will relax much.
Fitment?
Here are some pics that speak fir themselves.
Not crazy about some of the fitment, especially the drivers outer edge/sill plate curve, but most is great! I think I can fix what doesn't work well in the drivers well with an exact o.
The passenger side is way better fit than drivers. However, I do wish that both sides extended a little higher up the front well.
The back looks great, excepting where they meet the door sill. I feel they could have been a little better fit here, even wrapped over the sill like the fronts.
They could have even extended back further along side the seats.
They back do not have a lock into place button like the fronts do, just an indent to cover the factory button holder that keeps the factory mat in place. Still OK, they don't move much.
But the coverage, especially for kiddos and sloppy adults will be great! I love that they go over the hump!
All in all, I'm happy with the purchase!
I will be posting vents as well.

Old 03-19-2018, 09:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 15 Q7 has third row. I have Weathertech on 2nd row and third row. When moving the 2nd row to access the thrid row. The Rail from 2nd row seat in center area always get caught by rail. So that is like a flaw...
Old 03-19-2018, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I used Husky Liners front and back seat, the car came with Audi cargo liner which is not impressive. I think the Husky Liners were $40 cheaper than Weathertech. As good or better than Weathertech.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Shinchan
My 15 Q7 has third row. I have Weathertech on 2nd row and third row. When moving the 2nd row to access the thrid row. The Rail from 2nd row seat in center area always get caught by rail. So that is like a flaw...
Mine had a 3rd row all weather mat. It doesn't say weather tech, but it looks just about like them. I will check that 3rd row deal.
I have emailed weather tech with my opinions about their mats, fitment particularly.
I almost went with Husky, but I thought the WT just looks a little more classy, Husky looked rugged, outdoorsy!
Old 03-19-2018, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by porsche man
I used Husky Liners front and back seat, the car came with Audi cargo liner which is not impressive. I think the Husky Liners were $40 cheaper than Weathertech. As good or better than Weathertech.
I almost went with Husky, but I thought the WT just looks a little more classy, Husky looked rugged, outdoorsy!
I hope your fitment was better than mine.
Is your mats more rubbery or plastic like?
Sucks, there is nowhere around me where I could go touchy/feely on these things.
I couldn't order from Amazon, as there WT prices were more than straight from company, which is how I opted. And they still charged shipping.
The Audi mats are not impressive at all, but they do feel like the WT mats, plastic like. I might glue some velcro points on it to stick a little better, if I keep it.
Eh, they still look pretty good and the window vents are nice, however, they make a little plastic noise when rolling the window up. Not excited about that.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jbgilbank
Mine had a 3rd row all weather mat. It doesn't say weather tech, but it looks just about like them. I will check that 3rd row deal.
I have emailed weather tech with my opinions about their mats, fitment particularly.
So I was fooling around tonight and looked into the 3rd row, it is a matching weather tech mat.
The previous owner must have had them and pulled them for his next vehicle and forgot that one, as nobody hardly uses the 3rd row.
Score!
Old 03-21-2018, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I bit the bullet and bought a set of Weathertechs for both my 2014 Q7 and my 2014 A4. I was looking at the 3D Maxpider mats on Amazon, but all they had for my A4 were the carpeted versions. I was trying to get wifey to go with the 3D Maxpider mats for her Q7 but she insisted on the Weathertechs because she had seen them on TV. I liked the Maxpider mats because they included the third row mats as part of the set on Amazon. She is a total sucker for Madison Avenue advertising so I went with the Weathertechs. I laughed because her first reaction was that the color didn't match the carpet in the car so she complained about it. I told her that they only come in three generic colors and nobody makes mats that come in Cordomom. What the heck is Cordomom anyway? I think they just make up names for this stuff, LOL. The mats fit fairly well overall, but not perfectly. I like that they have the flanges that go up the sides of the footwell to keep the dirt and debris from getting into the carpet. I wish the rear mats had the holes that clip onto the posts on the floor like the front mats. For what they charge you'd think they'd include them. I couldn't find the third row mats for wifey's Q7 listed anywhere on the Weathertech website. Does anyone know what the model number is for the third row mats? I also bought the small cargo liner mat with the bumper protector for the Q7. I accidentally scratched the rear bumper when taking some stuff to the landfill and wifey was not happy about that so I figured I'd get that to prevent and further mishaps.

Quick Reply: Weather Tech Floor Liners