Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Another Suspension thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 12:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Suspension thread

Firstly I apologise if there is a thread like this, I could not find one with similar symptoms

I just got back from Australia at the weekend, the truck started first time no problem .

The next day driving to work it was 4 degrees outside I got the orange suspension light come on solid. I wasn't able to adjust the suspension and it was locked in Automatic which is fine as that's what I usually have it on.

Tuesday I got the orange light come on then the green light come on as well. This happened when I first bought the car and thought maybe it was something to do with the temperature outside as it was snowing when I first picked up the car.

Wednesday it was up to 10 degrees, no issues at all. Thursday was the same as Monday

Today the orange light came on, then after a few miles started flashing. I switched to Car on the MMI and the Automatic and comfort settings were illuminated but everything else greyed out. If I go over 55mph the offroad setting becomes available although nothing happens when selected

Tonight I've left it parked in lift (this took some time to get to the highest height) to see if it is still there tomorrow

My question, does the suspension shut down in cold weather? Or is my suspension on its way out? If I shut the car down completely and restart it, everything works as normal
Old 11-30-2013, 06:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

More info...

I took the car to the garage today and got the fault codes

01577 Turn off due to Over Temperature Upper Limit Reached - Intermittent
01583 Leak in system detected - Intermittent
01772 Signal from Level Control Pressure Sensor (G291) Not A Plausible Signal - Intermittent
01774 Level Control System Sensor Left Rear (G76) Electrical Problem in Circuit - Intermittent
00141 Rear Body Acceleration Sensor (G343) Not A Plausible Signal - Intermittent
01780 Sensor for Vehicle Leveling Mechanical Malfunction - Intermittent
01400 Suspension Level Control Upper Limit Reached

The car drove home alright with no warning lights, apart from a message flashing up in MMI saying the Xenon self leveling was defective. There was a click, sounded like a relay from the drivers foot well that occurred every few minutes and when it did the settings for suspension greyed out then came back on the next click

I also done some measurements on comfort setting,

O/S/F 43mm
O/S/R 46mm

N/S/F 48mm
N/S/R 53mm

So the car is definitely squint, I just don't know if all of the above just relates to a faulty compressor or has my luck really ran out and I need everything. Does anyone have any suggestions or should I just start the process of elimination
Old 03-03-2014, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Did you ever get your suspension problems resolved and if so, what was the fault in the end?
Old 03-13-2014, 01:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yup the car sorted itself.

I think I know what upset it though. As it has been laying for a few weeks while I Was in Australia, I opened the tailgate and hit the lower suspension button to get plug the compressor in and go round checking all the tyres. I think possibly when pushing the button to go back up it's jammed as there was a fault code for the rear left sensor. I opened the tailgate again a few days later, lowered it and raised it and all seems well.

4 months on and had no similar issues, it's back driving like normal again. I'm so pleased it wasn't something serious.