AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MK 1 Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mk-1-discussion-112/)
-   -   In what way should your Q7 be improved? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mk-1-discussion-112/what-way-should-your-q7-improved-2954045/)

"BigAl" 07-23-2018 09:27 AM

In what way should your Q7 be improved?

What are some things discovered on your Q7 that should be improved when compared to other vehicle in it class?
-Al

landragon 07-23-2018 09:38 AM

-conversation mirror to keep an eye out on kids
-brake hold (maybe mine is just old)
-auto unfolding mirrors when vehicle reaches a certain speed

flynavy 07-23-2018 04:05 PM

Minor but.. with

I wanted a HUD ...so I put one in myself....rear hatch should open AND CLOSE with the remote or the interior door button, otherwise I still love my 2012!

Richard Flores 07-23-2018 04:20 PM

Usb.....Why doesn't a 2015 model have usb ports???

Also auto folding mirrors when alarm is connected.

also my seats don't fold and go up to make room to get in back 3rd seat. We have to climb over folded seat instead. THAT is just bad or am I missing something on how to fold it up.

WakeX2 07-23-2018 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Richard Flores (Post 25184541)
Usb.....Why doesn't a 2015 model have usb ports???

Also auto folding mirrors when alarm is connected.

also my seats don't fold and go up to make room to get in back 3rd seat. We have to climb over folded seat instead. THAT is just bad or am I missing something on how to fold it up.

There is a handle on the top of the seats next to the head rest. Pull it and the seats will slide forward.

not2fast 07-23-2018 06:54 PM

Way more storage. For the size of vehicle, the storage compartments are tiny.

dreadlocks 07-24-2018 04:19 PM

Closing the hatch with the fob would be excellent, there's apparently hacks to pull it off if your into that sort of thing..

Storage is fine for me and my family, just makes me clean the car more frequently instead of carrying a few hundred pounds of junk around.. after decades of German vehicles I'm entirely used too it, if I bought a domestic vehicle now I'd have a ton of empty compartments.. My wife's CC has a few extra storage compartments than most german cars and they have never been used.

Wish I had flappy paddles, they only offer limited use but for those uses they are nice.. also would be nice if ACC would not deactivate when completely stopped, having to re-enable it all the time in traffic sux.

Wish the onboard hotspot/connectivity was LTE, would let kids play videos on tablets remotely much easier instead of trying to pack load a bunch in the vehicle..
Wish Traffic came from Google and not Satellite as google is far better at it and XM/Sirus can go straight to hell as far as I'm concerned.

Wish it had all wheel steering like MK2's got, coming from a Golf to a Q7 I miss being able to turn around with one lane and not having to take a bit of sidewalk to accomplish it :-)

Wish the sunroof drain tubes were not designed by a mentally deficient baboon.. (guess who found water in his spare tire this week? grr)

DoubleBayou 07-24-2018 05:17 PM

MMI Touch screen!
+1 on open/close hatch standard
Insulation (sound deadening) in the spare well. I do a lot of towing and it sounds like a drum back there. I need to spray this one like I did my old one.

Up-it 07-24-2018 07:34 PM

Better design to the centre cup holders without taking up half of your centre console storgae area + with the AMI unit leaves you with around enough room to pack away 4 chopsticks.
++ on the auto folding mirrors and tailgate closing.

not2fast 07-25-2018 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Up-it (Post 25185107)
Better design to the centre cup holders without taking up half of your centre console storgae area + with the AMI unit leaves you with around enough room to pack away 4 chopsticks.
++ on the auto folding mirrors and tailgate closing.

:-)

I was thinking that too. Also maybe a sunglass holder that is a little bigger that could actually hold sunglasses.

My Passat, GTI, 335i, and A3 were much better in this regard. When the 3rd row is up my old 93 MR2 Turbo (which was a 2 seater mid-engined sports car) had more storage space then my Q7 which is unexpected compared to my wifes 2016 Honda Pilot which is comparable size.