Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Drivers window switch replacement 2006 Q7

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 12:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drivers window switch replacement 2006 Q7

Hi
Has anyone replaced the driver side window switch who could explain the sequence for getting the door trim off and removing the switch. I have searched YouTube and this forum to no avail.

Thanks Alex
Old 09-15-2013, 06:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Felixqld66
Hi
Has anyone replaced the driver side window switch who could explain the sequence for getting the door trim off and removing the switch. I have searched YouTube and this forum to no avail.

Thanks Alex
Hi Alex,

I am interested in doing this as well. I have new window switches for the whole Q7 and need to find clear instructions on taking the door trim/card off to install. Let me know how you go?
Old 09-15-2013, 02:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did mine a few years ago, from memory you need to pop of the wood/aluminium trim to get to the bolts behind it.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by xlr8it
did mine a few years ago, from memory you need to pop of the wood/aluminium trim to get to the bolts behind it.

Do you have any photos?
Old 09-17-2013, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry but no
Old 11-08-2017, 02:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello, I am having to do this myself. I cannot find how to do it anywhere. I have had a replacement for 6 months now with only the passenger side not working, so I have just been dealing with it. Now, the driver side will not go up, and that is not good. I need to replace this now. Any help would be great
Old 11-08-2017, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey guys the door trim is relatively easy to be removed. As stated yes you need to carefully remove the upper wood/ or silver trim near the window with like a plastic pry tool etc. it will pop then you slide it sideways. Underneath is a torx screw, there is also one under the bottom of door trim and one under the rubber trim in the finger area of the door pull too.

then go around with the plastic pry tool and pull/ pop off the trim. Disconnect the power supply cable to the trim and slide off the door release cable and the door trim is free. Behind is a white noise absorbing matt. Remove that then you will see more torx screws that hold the arm rest to the door trim. Remove these and the wiring etc to be able to access the window switches. All should take no more then 15min to tear it down. If in doubt there maybe some vids on YouTube etc. Goodluck
Old 11-14-2017, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Up-it
Hey guys the door trim is relatively easy to be removed. As stated yes you need to carefully remove the upper wood/ or silver trim near the window with like a plastic pry tool etc. it will pop then you slide it sideways. Underneath is a torx screw, there is also one under the bottom of door trim and one under the rubber trim in the finger area of the door pull too.

then go around with the plastic pry tool and pull/ pop off the trim. Disconnect the power supply cable to the trim and slide off the door release cable and the door trim is free. Behind is a white noise absorbing matt. Remove that then you will see more torx screws that hold the arm rest to the door trim. Remove these and the wiring etc to be able to access the window switches. All should take no more then 15min to tear it down. If in doubt there maybe some vids on YouTube etc. Goodluck
Thanks man! You have answered 2 questions for me. I just got all my trim removal tools today so I could do this without damaging anything. The Q7 has been a very difficult car to own with very limited info on how to work on it. I owned a BMW 3 series before this and well there are about a million forums on those and how to work on them. I never paid a shop to do one thing. Q7 I have probably paid for it twice with all the shop fees. Thank you again!
Old 11-15-2017, 12:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

That’s ok mate, always willing to help people with things they may not be willing to have a go at. Being a mechanic myself I am 100% against paying anyone to do anything for me that I could do myself but you are also 100% correct in saying these Q7’s are an over engineered/ intelligent vehicle haha.
Old 11-30-2017, 02:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Update, I was able to replace the switch without much difficulty. I just had shoulder surgery so I was able to do it with one arm as well ha. Took me around 1 hour start to finish so easy. I took my time and had a beer at the same time. I am sure it could be done in 30 minutes if you've done it before. Just a ton of screws, I think 15-20 in total. Thanks again, works great again!