Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Wheels, tires, spacers, 21" peeler all season

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 05:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

More mis-information from Dreadlocks....not sure where to begin? Lets give it a try.....

Auto industry is built on cars with varying options and models. Doesn't make the owner any better or worse a person but you need to accept that. That a base Q7 is not an S line Q7 (try and sell your truck at S line sport edition pricing and maybe that will bring some reality/clarity) and a "Sport Edition" is NOT just an S line.... its a special edition S line per Audi referred to as a "Sport Edition". Not beating my chest from the top of a mountain cause I own it but because that is what it is from Audi. You don't really get to decide if its all that special to be referred to as a limited edition nor do I.... The manufacturer that puts out this offering does. How? By giving it a unique reference, making in limited numbers and the added options (some more special then others all depends on the buyer). You seem to believe your car is the same as a S-Line "Sport edition" minus a blk optics package? Ummmm not really. You may not care about all the other features and options that come on the "Sport Edition" S line but others may.

Here you go one, again.... - https://fourtitude.com/news/audi-rum...sport-edition/
  1. 3-spoke multifunction steering wheel w/ shift paddles
  2. 21” five segment-spoke, high gloss finish
  3. Adaptive air suspension
  4. Adaptive cruise control
  5. Black roof rails
  6. Black headliner
  7. Carbon Fiber inlays
  8. Extended leather package
  9. Heated rear seats
  10. Red brake calipers
  11. Black mirrors
  12. Black exhaust tips
  13. S line shift **** and steering wheel
  14. Black optic package
  15. Sport Style plus exterior kit (wider fender flares and rear valance bumper, trying add this to your truck correctly and get ready to spend some $$$$$$)
  16. Believe the Quattro script (stickers you think I added? More mis info) also a sign on the Sport Edition...not 100% certain but thought read that someplace. I did not add it and prior one owner didn't add after purchase neither.
You seem to believe a first gen SQ7 was sold some place on earth? Please share, eager to learn about this....you say one was never sold in the states but believe a Gen1 SQ7 was sold over seas? XXXX WRONG and again the w12 is not an SQ7. Not sure many true Audi enthusiasts confuse the gen1 and gen2 Q7 trucks unless they are near blind so hard to pose as a gen2 sq7 with a gen1 q7.

Your base none S-line, none sport edition, stock on stock would look silly with any sort of S badge delineation that's something think we can both fully agree on Added S badge with the following thoughts...
* It falls inline with S line badging elsewhere on the truck (or shall I tear that out from the factory?)
* This is a S line model Q7.
* This particular Q7 S-line is a limited run "Sport Edition" which is a bit more unique then a base q or even an s-line Q etc.
* This Q7 has some mods (with more to come!) and a presence no doubt over a stock Q7.
* This is a 2015 final edition year Gen 1 Q7 before a complete revamp of the Q7.
* I like it (that should be enough but we are on the internet so I get it) The small red accent of color it adds to the all blk badging
* Beyond the w12 not offered stateside its the highest HP Gen1 Q7 offered.
* Finally maybe most importantly Audi never created a Gen1 SQ7 - so less a concern of posing or "ricing" my rig as you put it. If a Gen 1 SQ7 existed from Audi would not have added it but again can't really pose on something that didn't exist. Hey maybe I take it off and APR badge it once those mods are done, what ever.... all my cars go through stages as they become more and more my own builds and more and more unique.

About your GOLF? I like the sounds of it as like all things modified and NOT stock and the Bus as well.... and if I saw a slammed old gen Rabbit modded well with a R badge on it would love to chat it up with that owner! See what he or she created, what future mods maybe coming, there vision and would likely appreciate their passion for their car along with how they badged it to their liking. (within reason)

This conversation is worlds apart from someone adding GT3RS graphics and badging to a base 997/911 ....or a AMG SL65 badge to a base S class of the same year.... or a M badge on a base stock low optioned 3 series. Why? Cause they make a 3 series M3, they make an SL65 AMG in S class and they make a 997 gt3RS 911.

What is interesting is BMW now adding M badging on none M cars as some are offered with an "M" package. (more styling, asthetics, wheels and other, sportier looking....)

Added the S badge for the multitude of reasons noted in this thread, everyone so far both at the dealer and at a few car events seem to like it and have had some great conversations with true (none uptight) audi enthusiasts about the truck, what it is, some of the mods, what are possible future mods planned for the truck and so forth.

Not a one has done a drive by and screamed "ricer" from their moving car.... but you Dreadlocks are welcome to be the first...….. ahahahahahaha

Peace

Originally Posted by dreadlocks
I'm all for to each there own, do whatever you want.. im just calling your bull****.. you dont have a SQ7.. you sound like someone who wished they didnt have a base model Q7, I'm totally fine w/mine.. my badges say what I ride.. the only thing special about 'Sport Edition' is your black out package, which does look ****ing dope but does not deserve a special badge for, I know a Sport Edition when I see one.. but Ive got Air Suspension and Adaptive Cruise too, the S-Line styling was not to my liking.. I had the option to get an S-Line and declined, sporty trucks are not my thing and im not hating on your special edition base model.. just that dumb badge you put on the back for a vehicle that was never sold in the states and yours does not represent in any shape or form.. yeah they didnt make a 1st Gen SQ7, so what? That dont mean I can throw an R32 badge on a MK1 Golf because hey they are the same right and they didnt make an R32 in 1982 and I got these special parts on it and the fact that my vehicle has none of the parts or components, or performance, or even remotely close to the price tag of an R32, but yeah.. okay sure, sound logic.

I play with badges all the time, I got a 3.0T badge on my 2001 Golf.. but I only put it on after I bored out the engine to 3.0L and slapped a big turbo on it.. I'll be putting a TDI badge on my Bus once that engine is in there.. You can do whatever you want with your car, and anyone who sees bull**** badges can call em out for it too.. welcome to the internet.

Last edited by Mickfluff; 11-09-2018 at 01:58 PM.
Old 11-09-2018, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love the white with those wheels. Audi sticker on the side looks fine to me. Where else do people put them?

My Q7 is so boring. The best part of it is the sound of the V8. Still trying to decide what to do with mine.

Thinking of either blacking out my wheels or getting some like yours or maybe these.

Old 11-09-2018, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Oddly looking at the picture I removed all the graphics on my boat. Way to busy for my taste. I like the clean look. I wouldn't mind having a black tower and trim, but not going to touch it.

Old 11-09-2018, 01:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great set up! I think a newer style design wheel a bit larger in diameter would look great. Albeit would suggest an Audi design wheel like you proposed or other. Some great options out there...search Audi wheels q7 on eBay for some pretty great optiions come up. Also love water toys and de-badged my boat as well. Again great set up there....

Originally Posted by not2fast
I love the white with those wheels. Audi sticker on the side looks fine to me. Where else do people put them?

My Q7 is so boring. The best part of it is the sound of the V8. Still trying to decide what to do with mine.

Thinking of either blacking out my wheels or getting some like yours or maybe these.

Old 11-09-2018, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

What wheels are these?
Old 11-09-2018, 03:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Found them here. Not sure what they are or if they are a replica or not.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SET-4-20-20X9-0-5X130-AUDI-RS-STYLE-WHEELS-FIT-Q7-S-VW-TOUAREG-PORSCHE-CAYENNE/301934698082?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.S EED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3D2cb0b 5b684214e7bb73b27e319feb2e6%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D 2%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D192604140711%26itm%3D301934698 082&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pagec i%3Ae34098da-e478-11e8-ad24-74dbd1802791%7Cparentrq%3Afad97d7a1660aa417572a9d3 ffff59bd%7Ciid%3A1
Old 11-10-2018, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mickfluff

great set up! I think a newer style design wheel a bit larger in diameter would look great. Albeit would suggest an Audi design wheel like you proposed or other. Some great options out there...search Audi wheels q7 on eBay for some pretty great optiions come up. Also love water toys and de-badged my boat as well. Again great set up there....

I don't want to go bigger. I have no clue what each ramp or what I will have to drive through to put the boat in the water. My 535i gets the low profile tires.

I still love the look of this light bar.

Last edited by not2fast; 11-10-2018 at 05:44 AM.
Old 11-10-2018, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Old 11-10-2018, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Speaking of SQ7. Why didn't they offer this with the S6 4.0T V8?
Old 11-10-2018, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Speaking of SQ7. Why didn't they offer this with the S6 4.0T V8?
Why didn't they offer a lot of things?
For F*** Sake, the Bentley Continental GT came across with the W12 but we cannot get that or the V12 or V8TDI!
We have half our options shut down and are forced to run VCDS just to have KOOLities!
I go for the RSQ7 in the L model!
I want to build one myself with double airbags and fat tires!

Quick Reply: Wheels, tires, spacers, 21" peeler all season