AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MK 1 Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mk-1-discussion-112/)
-   -   Which would you rather buy... Sport edition or s-line (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mk-1-discussion-112/would-you-rather-buy-sport-edition-s-line-2944778/)

raj99 03-11-2018 09:01 AM

Which would you rather buy... Sport edition or s-line

Hi folks

Have an opportunity for two similar mileage vehicles and both '15:

Pearl gray sport edition with all options (air suspension, acc, etc.. ) no b&o, priced $3k more

Or

Glacier white s-line with complete package no air, acc, or, b&o

Both are one owner vehicles and full serviced at Audi dealer from day one and about 40k miles. So which would you go for?

Built4Sin 03-11-2018 12:41 PM

Pearl Gray with air suspension.

plat27265 03-11-2018 01:10 PM

I would personally pick the one without air suspension Too bad, both vehicles don't have B&O.

I do not really care about air suspension especially after reading about owners of other Audi's equipped with air suspensions go through headaches as these things breakdown over age. You've been a long time member here in AW. I am sure you've run into threads discussing about problems with air suspension systems. I have to admit that they do add to the overall enjoyability of the vehicle but this is one more thing to worry about as the car ages. Just my $0.02.

lentiman 03-11-2018 01:52 PM

What are you going to do with the Q7? If you’re going to tow anything get the air suspension. That would be the key piece for me.

Originally Posted by raj99 (Post 25122303)
Hi folks

Have an opportunity for two similar mileage vehicles and both '15:

Pearl gray sport edition with all options (air suspension, acc, etc.. ) no b&o, priced $3k more

Or

Glacier white s-line with complete package no air, acc, or, b&o

Both are one owner vehicles and full serviced at Audi dealer from day one and about 40k miles. So which would you go for?

dreadlocks 03-11-2018 03:34 PM

Air Suspension and ACC, if its a gasser you can tune it and put a pulley on to get S-Line performance.. otherwise its just flappy paddles and larger, less comfortable and more expensive tires.

Want to lower it? or Tow with it? If so its a no brainer..

raj99 03-11-2018 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by dreadlocks (Post 25122434)
Air Suspension and ACC, if its a gasser you can tune it and put a pulley on to get S-Line performance.. otherwise its just flappy paddles and larger, less comfortable and more expensive tires.

Want to lower it? or Tow with it? If so its a no brainer..

Both are tdi and I don't plan to tow with it.

Probably will pass on the Malone tune till after the warranty

Both are 21"wheels.

foglem 03-12-2018 05:52 AM

I'm quite happy with my 2014 s-line without air or ACC. Though I'll admit I'd love to have the ACC. But that's the geek in me more than need.

Built4Sin 03-12-2018 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by plat27265 (Post 25122373)
I would personally pick the one without air suspension Too bad, both vehicles don't have B&O.

I do not really care about air suspension especially after reading about owners of other Audi's equipped with air suspensions go through headaches as these things breakdown over age. You've been a long time member here in AW. I am sure you've run into threads discussing about problems with air suspension systems. I have to admit that they do add to the overall enjoyability of the vehicle but this is one more thing to worry about as the car ages. Just my $0.02.

The air suspension in the Touareg's, Cayenne's, and the Q7 are levels above the bags in the other cars along the same lines. These puppies aren't allroads!

raj99 03-12-2018 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Built4Sin (Post 25122666)
The air suspension in the Touareg's, Cayenne's, and the Q7 are levels above the bags in the other cars along the same lines. These puppies aren't allroads!

I've read likewise, that they don't suffer the same god-forsaken issues of the ARs and are far better. I'm with Plat that I'd choose one with the B&O, if it was so equipped. I really enjoyed the sound and found it much more enjoyable than all the other options. Most of my driving is city, so ACC is nice but we'll see how it all works.

The airbag is certainly a nice option, but I can see myself leaving it on a setting for 90% of the time and never really switching. I do like the color of the pearl gray though...so we'll see if we can get the deal done sooner vs. later and I'll post pics.

any other opinions? FWIW, I'm leaning towards the Sport Edition, and I did discover it has another 4K less miles.

foglem 03-12-2018 12:22 PM

Does either one have Audicare service already paid for that you benefit from? How about a CPO, not sure if these were private transactions or from a dealer... Those might help persuade your choice also. Honestly I'd love to have the air suspension; but one of the reasons I gave up my GX470 for the Q7 was the rear airbag's were known to pop around the age I had and I wanted out without having to consider aftermarket parts. And as you mentioned I left it ALWAYS on the same level as I really didn't tow at all.