AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MK 1 Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mk-1-discussion-112/)
-   -   2014 Q7 Rattling in Rear (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mk-1-discussion-112/2014-q7-rattling-rear-2935969/)

Q7USR 10-31-2017 04:12 PM

2014 Q7 Rattling in Rear

OCD nightmare. My Q7 has a rattling noise in the rear of the car. I cannot isolate it. Previous noises were the sunroof which the dealer finally changed the rails out (under warranty) which seemed to solve the problem. I thought it might be the spare, but it is secure as well as the tools in their cases which are strapped down.

Anyone have any ideas? This is driving me nuts!

surflj 11-01-2017 09:11 AM

I've been battling the same on my 2014. Went thru everything, tightening down, putting foam cushioning in here and there, latching rear seatbelts, etc. At times I have almost eliminated the rattling but they seem to pop up again.
I had a loaner Q5 during a service and it was quiet as can be!
So sorry, no words of wisdom here.

dreadlocks 11-01-2017 09:31 AM

Mebe its a few of your lost marbles rattling around? :P

Seriously tho, have someone else drive and crawl into the 3rd row.. the only way to determine where these kinda noises are coming from is to get closer and closer until you find it.

Greystoke 11-01-2017 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Q7USR
OCD nightmare. My Q7 has a rattling noise in the rear of the car. I cannot isolate it. Previous noises were the sunroof which the dealer finally changed the rails out (under warranty) which seemed to solve the problem. I thought it might be the spare, but it is secure as well as the tools in their cases which are strapped down.

Anyone have any ideas? This is driving me nuts!

You could get one of these and then get someone else to drive as Dreadlocks said.

Grey

Edd W 11-02-2017 04:58 AM

Try moving each of the middle row seats just one click forward on the runners.

I find the larger one of the two rattles a bit if it's as far back as it will go but not when it's pulled forward a bit.

The other option is for me to drive around with my daughter sitting in her seat all the time - this cures it but she complains about being in the car all the time!

Greystoke 11-02-2017 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Edd W
Try moving each of the middle row seats just one click forward on the runners.

I find the larger one of the two rattles a bit if it's as far back as it will go but not when it's pulled forward a bit.

The other option is for me to drive around with my daughter sitting in her seat all the time - this cures it but she complains about being in the car all the time!

Just look at it as an excuse to use the HOV lanes.

Grey

surflj 11-02-2017 08:18 AM

This thread has been quite entertaining! :)
Edd W, I will try your suggestion regarding the seats, thank you!

Q7USR 11-02-2017 04:17 PM

Thanks for all the tips. Definitely think its the seats but can't figure out if 2nd or 3rd row. Taking it to the dealer tomorrow for an unrelated problem and will see if they have any insight

Q7USR 11-02-2017 04:17 PM

Thanks for all the tips. Definitely think its the seats but can't figure out if 2nd or 3rd row. Taking it to the dealer tomorrow for an unrelated problem and will see if they have any insight

surflj 11-02-2017 05:06 PM

keep us posted!