AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MK 1 Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mk-1-discussion-112/)
-   -   Diesel fuel price: Really sad times we are going through? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mk-1-discussion-112/diesel-fuel-price-really-sad-times-we-going-through-3059897/)

bg_2007Q7 08-12-2023 06:57 PM

Diesel fuel price: Really sad times we are going through?

Premium fuel at the Shell I go to is now 50 cents a gallon higher than diesel. I just paid $4.69 a gallon. That was after .10 off for Kroger rewards and another .7 off for gas buddy.

While I'm happy for TDI owners, you've been paying way too much for way too long. But this is really uncalled for.

urs6_ma 08-13-2023 03:36 AM

I know. Us luxury SUV owners really have it tough.

Global oil market is up and down. Us old timers have gotten accustomed to it.

jbgilbank 08-13-2023 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by bg_2007Q7 (Post 25837733)
Premium fuel at the Shell I go to is now 50 cents a gallon higher than diesel. I just paid $4.69 a gallon. That was after .10 off for Kroger rewards and another .7 off for gas buddy.

While I'm happy for TDI owners, you've been paying way too much for way too long. But this is really uncalled for.

F**K Foe Byeden!
Feeling your pain in NC!

bg_2007Q7 08-13-2023 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by urs6_ma (Post 25837770)
I know. Us luxury SUV owners really have it tough.

Global oil market is up and down. Us old timers have gotten accustomed to it.

I have an 07 Q7, its not like im living the high life
Yeah, I love it. Most fun to drive vehicle I've ever owned. If you knew my story, it's all I really have. I have to take care of it. Not going to put crap fuel in it and watch it break.

Mxeryus 08-13-2023 06:47 AM

After conversion USD 8.25/gallon here in The Netherlands. As long as Q7 gives me a smile, no plans to sell. Just another expensive hobby.

bg_2007Q7 08-13-2023 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Mxeryus (Post 25837809)
After conversion USD 8.25/gallon here in The Netherlands. As long as Q7 gives me a smile, no plans to sell. Just another expensive hobby.

That's insane. And to think in some middle eastern countries, fuel is basically given away...

superswiss 08-13-2023 08:01 AM

Seriously? There's a war going on in Ukraine, or closer to home Hawaii is experiencing the deadliest US wildfire in history, and you think times are sad because you have to pay 50 cents more for premium fuel so you can drive your oversized hunk of metal everywhere? Holy cow! Must be cozy in that bubble.

Blackfunk 08-13-2023 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by jbgilbank (Post 25837788)
F**K Foe Byeden!
Feeling your pain in NC!

What does the GLOBAL price of gas have to do with Joe Biden? Gas is a GLOBAL COMODITY. It's the equivalent of blaming him for traffic in NYC.

bg_2007Q7 08-13-2023 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by superswiss (Post 25837830)
Seriously? There's a war going on in Ukraine, or closer to home Hawaii is experiencing the deadliest US wildfire in history, and you think times are sad because you have to pay 50 cents more for premium fuel so you can drive your oversized hunk of metal everywhere? Holy cow! Must be cozy in that bubble.

Wow, just wow, I guess ignorance is bliss

urs6_ma 08-13-2023 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by jbgilbank (Post 25837788)
F**K Foe Byeden!
Feeling your pain in NC!

<sigh>

It's a GLOBAL FARCKING MARKET.

If you don't understand global economics, please keep that fact to yourself.

urs6_ma 08-13-2023 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by bg_2007Q7 (Post 25837803)
I have an 07 Q7, its not like im living the high life
Yeah, I love it. Most fun to drive vehicle I've ever owned. If you knew my story, it's all I really have. I have to take care of it. Not going to put crap fuel in it and watch it break.

@bg_2007Q7 I don't know your story and I do wish you well. You're exactly right in putting good fuel into it. Sometimes it hurts to put *that* much money into the tank. First time my fill up topped $100 that hurt a lot!

bg_2007Q7 08-13-2023 10:13 AM

I just want to apologize. I never meant for this post to start an argument between competing sides. Because that is l exactly what the powers that be want, a people divided amongst themselves. For, if we are constantly fighting one another, no progress in the name of good can be achieved. I really don't care what party you support. It's your choice. Personally, I believe both are corrupt to the core.

So for what it's worth, I'm sorry. If the mods want to delete this thread, so be it. Its pointless to promote a worthless war amongst one another. Just imagine what we could achieve, if the people, the majority, came together as one, and took the power back from the few.

bg_2007Q7 08-13-2023 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by urs6_ma (Post 25837852)
@bg_2007Q7 I don't know your story and I do wish you well. You're exactly right in putting good fuel into it. Sometimes it hurts to put *that* much money into the tank. First time my fill up topped $100 that hurt a lot!

Sent you a pm reply, will contact you later today.

Edzzed 08-13-2023 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by bg_2007Q7 (Post 25837733)

In the Shuswap lake area of BC Canada we are paying 1.64 CAD per liter x 3.78 which is 6.19 CAD for a US gallon. Convert that to USD and we are paying 4.60 which is not bad. You go to Vancouver and they are paying over 2.00 CAD per litre. Fortunately I can make it there and back in less than 1 tankful. so I never pay their price. Prices were worse according to my receipt here so it's not all doom and gloom.
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...b4b5bd2771.jpg

bg_2007Q7 08-13-2023 03:57 PM

How did the title to this thread change? I never put "diesel fuel price" in when I created the post...

urs6_ma 08-13-2023 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by bg_2007Q7 (Post 25837859)
I just want to apologize.

You've got nothing to apologize for. And now that I know a bit more about your situation, *I* apologize. My initial remark was offbase and insensitive.

As I mentioned to you privately, you never know what someone else is facing until you ask or make a connection.

superswiss 08-13-2023 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by bg_2007Q7 (Post 25837920)
How did the title to this thread change? I never put "diesel fuel price" in when I created the post...

Mods changed it to diffuse the post. As it stood it read like a first world problem whining post, hence some of the initial responses. There seems to be a backstory to your post, so maybe wanna lead with that to give it context.

Pothole5000 08-14-2023 07:51 AM

We have mods?

I'm genuinely shocked because of all the MkII posts here.

4Driver4 08-14-2023 11:03 AM

Overmoderation: Really sad times we are going through?

KevinGary 08-14-2023 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by 4Driver4 (Post 25838118)
Overmoderation: Really sad times we are going through?

:D

Mxeryus 08-15-2023 12:05 AM

Just to lighten up - my dad always told me to fill the car for EUR 25 (or 25 USD or 25 CAD). Issue solved....

400ixl 08-15-2023 02:53 AM

Would it make you feel better if I told you that you could be paying $7.01 a US gallon for unleaded in the UK. Admittedly the lowest quality grade of unleaded we have here is 95 RON which is the equivalent to your 90 / 91 PON grade.

Diesel is also still more expensive than unleaded in the UK in most places, by around 20 cents a US gallon.

Goes some way to why we drive more smaller capacity turbo charged vehicles here than larger V8 or even V6 models.

superswiss 08-15-2023 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Mxeryus (Post 25838326)
Just to lighten up - my dad always told me to fill the car for EUR 25 (or 25 USD or 25 CAD). Issue solved....

Reminds me of Shaq arguing to just put $20 back in to fill when Kenny Smith said he wouldn't buy a certain car because it costs $80 to fill the tank. Shaq's math was hilarious. Not the smartest cookie in the jar.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/artic...1_127_37280479

bg_2007Q7 08-15-2023 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by 400ixl (Post 25838346)
Would it make you feel better if I told you that you could be paying $7.01 a US gallon for unleaded in the UK. Admittedly the lowest quality grade of unleaded we have here is 95 RON which is the equivalent to your 90 / 91 PON grade.

Diesel is also still more expensive than unleaded in the UK in most places, by around 20 cents a US gallon.

Goes some way to why we drive more smaller capacity turbo charged vehicles here than larger V8 or even V6 models.

No, the unneeded suffering of others does not make me feel better about my situation. Like i said, some middle eastern countries basically give fuel away. There is no reason the prices elsewhere should be so insane.

superswiss 08-15-2023 05:09 PM

They can, because the ruling families are rich beyond imagination so they can basically give it away for free to the population and the oil is practically in their backyard, so it doesn't have to be shipped across the globe first before reaching the gas stations. That all adds cost. Crude oil itself is traded on the international commodity market, so the price is not under control of any single country, and no the US president doesn't control the prices, either. What's under each country's control are the taxes on the fuel. You can bitch about those, but at the end of the day somebody has to pay for the road infrastructure. No use to have cheap fuel and no roads to drive on. It's not like the roads in the USA aren't falling apart as it is. Europe with the higher fuel prices also has much nicer roads, except perhaps the UK, but have you ever driven in Germany on the Autobahn at north of 100 mph? Just saying.

bg_2007Q7 08-15-2023 05:31 PM

Understood, but a few years ago I was only paying about $2 for premium fuel on the Tahoe I used to own. I realize the President doesn't have control, but when it's only $2 for four years, then the new guy gets in and the price explodes, something is fishy...

superswiss 08-15-2023 07:21 PM

Correlation does not imply causation. There are many reasons fuel prices increase. A few years ago there was no war in the Ukraine and we didn't come off a pandemic. The world governments were warned that a pandemic will wreak economic havoc, but nobody prepared. Well here we are. OPEC has their fingers on the global oil supply and decides to reduce production whenever they feel like. People are travelling again in droves after practically nobody was driving or flying during 2-3 year of pandemic, now there's a sudden spike in demand. We could go on. The truth is there are many factors that influence fuel cost. Just because one guy goes out and another comes in and the fuel prices go up because of world events doesn't mean its the incoming guy's fault. The price of fuel rose around the world, not just North America. You really need to get out more.

bg_2007Q7 08-16-2023 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by superswiss (Post 25838611)
Correlation does not imply causation. There are many reasons fuel prices increase. A few years ago there was no war in the Ukraine and we didn't come off a pandemic. The world governments were warned that a pandemic will wreak economic havoc, but nobody prepared. Well here we are. OPEC has their fingers on the global oil supply and decides to reduce production whenever they feel like. People are travelling again in droves after practically nobody was driving or flying during 2-3 year of pandemic, now there's a sudden spike in demand. We could go on. The truth is there are many factors that influence fuel cost. Just because one guy goes out and another comes in and the fuel prices go up because of world events doesn't mean its the incoming guy's fault. The price of fuel rose around the world, not just North America. You really need to get out more.

ok, same story for same parties and I don't support either

bg_2007Q7 08-16-2023 01:57 AM

I've got to stop this thread as I'm preparing to enter the hospital for treatment, which is a miracle in itself. You see a while ago I was running a couple small businesses (landscaping and ebay). They were pretty lucrative, so I also paid a lot of taxes. Then I started developing some hereditary health problems. I had to shut both down and tell my employees that I could no longer provide their livelihood.

I had to go on SSDI Medicare. Which is a total s h i t show. Regardless of who is in office, i am routinely denied treatment, simply because they dont want to pay and would rather i just suffer and or die.

Yesterday I went to the ER since I was vomiting blood. The ER doctor recommended extended inpatient treatment. Medicare approved an overnight stay. I was so sick yesterday after the hospital had to kick me out, i wrote a will. I sent a copy to my friend and aunt. I just wanted to make sure my dogs were taken care of and not thrown in a shelter or killed.

Well my friend saw this and called me. And like I said through a miracle and his grace, he decided that he would rather see his own resources dwindle than a friend suffer. So he told me he would pay cash for the inpatient treatment. Which is going to run several thousand dollars a day. He's also going to pay for my dogs care while in the hospital.

Had our great government just decided to treat me like an actual person and not a financial burden, none of this would have been necessary. But that's the great system of medical care in America. A system that is completely broken and will never be fixed. As it doesn't matter who is in office, the issue of denial of necessary treatment is never addressed.

Blackfunk 08-16-2023 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by bg_2007Q7 (Post 25838651)
I've got to stop this thread as I'm preparing to enter the hospital for treatment, which is a miracle in itself. You see a while ago I was running a couple small businesses (landscaping and ebay). They were pretty lucrative, so I also paid a lot of taxes. Then I started developing some hereditary health problems. I had to shut both down and tell my employees that I could no longer provide their livelihood.

I had to go on SSDI Medicare. Which is a total s h i t show. Regardless of who is in office, i am routinely denied treatment, simply because they dont want to pay and would rather i just suffer and or die.

Yesterday I went to the ER since I was vomiting blood. The ER doctor recommended extended inpatient treatment. Medicare approved an overnight stay. I was so sick yesterday after the hospital had to kick me out, i wrote a will. I sent a copy to my friend and aunt. I just wanted to make sure my dogs were taken care of and not thrown in a shelter or killed.

Well my friend saw this and called me. And like I said through a miracle and his grace, he decided that he would rather see his own resources dwindle than a friend suffer. So he told me he would pay cash for the inpatient treatment. Which is going to run several thousand dollars a day. He's also going to pay for my dogs care while in the hospital.

Had our great government just decided to treat me like an actual person and not a financial burden, none of this would have been necessary. But that's the great system of medical care in America. A system that is completely broken and will never be fixed. As it doesn't matter who is in office, the issue of denial of necessary treatment is never addressed.

In one fell swoop, that's sad to hear that you're in that predicament but also good to know that there are still good people in the world who would rather be out a few bucks than out a person. Wish you the best care in the world and get well soon.

superswiss 08-16-2023 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by bg_2007Q7 (Post 25838651)

Very sorry to hear that. Yes, that's the supposedly greatest country on earth for you. I don't know if I should cry or laugh whenever I hear it.

4Driver4 08-16-2023 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by urs6_ma (Post 25837852)
First time my fill up topped $100 that hurt a lot!

I bought my Q at the height of diesel spike in 2022. Very first fill up was $6.15/gallon.

968racer 08-18-2023 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by superswiss (Post 25838611)

All this is true but doesn't help when the President refers to Saudi Arabia a pariah state then tries to reach out to them to ask them to increase production (as other presidents have successfully done) only to have his phone call unanswered.

KevinGary 08-18-2023 03:12 PM

Hopefully we can get back to discussing cars instead of politics.

porsche man 08-18-2023 05:07 PM

How about the fact that have same amount of refineries as we had in the 70's? Telling.

Blackfunk 08-18-2023 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by 968racer (Post 25839298)
All this is true but doesn't help when the President refers to Saudi Arabia a pariah state then tries to reach out to them to ask them to increase production (as other presidents have successfully done) only to have his phone call unanswered.

So are we mad that he said when its actually true or that he wouldn't grovel so we could get gas at one of lowest prices in the developed world?

The facts remain. We use more gas than we produce - through a multitude of reasons stretching back to the 60's - we drive honking gas thirsty cars - we drive on average more than most other developed countries - so there's a long list of reasons why gas cost have increased. Blaming ONE guy is actually insane. Eventually the oil WILL run out. All OPEC countries know this. Why do you think Saudi Ariba is diversifying everything across their country and attempting to build attractions and invest in Lucid and Wind and Solar farms? They know it. We're just too dumb to realize its already started. This is a slow roll. The price of gas is only going up from here.

To ensure that other countries don't build out their infrastructure so that OPEC can continue to control oil prices they (OPEC) will increase production until the new competitor gives up because it's no longer economically feasible and then (OPEC) cuts production so that those same prices go back up. If you really want to be mad look at Exxon and BP and Shell who continue to rake in HUGE record breaking after recording breaking profits (and to be clear that is their fiduciary responsibility to do so). Next thing we're going to press for is coal to make a comeback??

superswiss 08-18-2023 05:50 PM

Couldn't have said it better. It's easy to blame the guy you don't like. It's all his fault isn't it, just as long as you don't have to take a close look at how you are living your live and maybe make some changes. If fuel is too expensive, find ways to drive less and demand your leaders to invest in alternative transportation systems. To rely mostly on cars is going to break the US economy's back one day. You need good infrastructure to support economic growth. We are choking on our own traffic.

Blackfunk 08-19-2023 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by superswiss (Post 25839383)
Couldn't have said it better. It's easy to blame the guy you don't like. It's all his fault isn't it, just as long as you don't have to take a close look at how you are living your live and maybe make some changes. If fuel is too expensive, find ways to drive less and demand your leaders to invest in alternative transportation systems. To rely mostly on cars is going to break the US economy's back one day. You need good infrastructure to support economic growth. We are choking on our own traffic.

On a completely unrelated note - how do you like your C63S. I'm so seriously considering a C63S coupe - looking at 20-21MY. I also have a Fisker Ocean Extreme on order so this will be my last big hurrah. Kids want a convertible but I'm in the V8 camp. LOL

superswiss 08-19-2023 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Blackfunk (Post 25839455)
On a completely unrelated note - how do you like your C63S. I'm so seriously considering a C63S coupe - looking at 20-21MY. I also have a Fisker Ocean Extreme on order so this will be my last big hurrah. Kids want a convertible but I'm in the V8 camp. LOL

Go for it. Awesome car. I love it. It's out of warranty now, but I'm planning on keeping it for a while. I'm not driving it much these days. To stay somewhat with the topic, I mostly drive it on weekends only. Not because of the fuel cost, but I just don't wanna have to drive everywhere for my daily needs and deal with all the traffic. So, I live in a highly walkable area where I have grocery stores, cafes, restaurants, bakeries, butcher, gym, even my optometrist etc. within a 15 minute walk of my house. I also work from home, so on most weekdays the car stays in the garage.

Blackfunk 08-19-2023 05:03 PM

Sweet, thanks. I work from home too so I don't anticipate putting a lot of miles. My 2012 S4 only had 54k miles after 13yrs so I would expect to do about the same. I'm replacing the Q7 so it'll be up for sale shortly, hoping is to balance my carbon emissions with a V8 on one hand and electric on the other.