AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MK 1 Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mk-1-discussion-112/)
-   -   Heated side mirrors? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mk-1-discussion-112/heated-side-mirrors-2817006/)

RS3_Hopeful 11-20-2011 02:48 PM

Heated side mirrors?

Gents,

It has been pretty cold out lately and the side mirrors are usually heavily misted or frosted over.

I am certain the Audi brochure mentioned heated side mirrors - how do you activate this feature?

Turning on the front or rear window defroster does not seem to do anything and I can't seem to find a switch for this or any related setting in the MMI.

For reference, the vehicle is a 2011 Q7.

Thanks for any info.

Cheers.

arp2nr 11-20-2011 03:53 PM

The side mirror adjusments knob on the drivers door place it in the middle position will enable the heated mirrors.

Originally Posted by RS3_Hopeful (Post 24226803)
Gents,

It has been pretty cold out lately and the side mirrors are usually heavily misted or frosted over.

I am certain the Audi brochure mentioned heated side mirrors - how do you activate this feature?

Turning on the front or rear window defroster does not seem to do anything and I can't seem to find a switch for this or any related setting in the MMI.

For reference, the vehicle is a 2011 Q7.

Thanks for any info.

Cheers.

RS3_Hopeful 11-20-2011 05:10 PM

Perfect, thanks for the quick reply.

Shepdaddy 11-21-2011 04:09 PM

Thank you

I was having the same problem on my 2011 Q7. I keep the control on the right side mirror all the time so that the mirror tilts when I reverse. But I have noticed that the defrost has not been working. That's really silly because my 2007 A4 worked in this position.

RS3_Hopeful 11-22-2011 01:24 PM

Agreed, I do the same for reversing mirror tilt function.

Guess in cold weather just turn the dial back so it sits in the middle. Not sure why I thought the defroster function also activated the heated mirrors but I'm sure some other Audi models function this way.

Originally Posted by Shepdaddy (Post 24227286)
I was having the same problem on my 2011 Q7. I keep the control on the right side mirror all the time so that the mirror tilts when I reverse. But I have noticed that the defrost has not been working. That's really silly because my 2007 A4 worked in this position.

V10_MAN 11-24-2011 06:14 AM

This works for me

You only need to move the mirror control to the middle position to activate the heated mirrors. Then you can put it back to the right. Doesn't need to stay in the center.

maximq7 12-13-2011 08:22 AM

NUTS! Had no idea why the mirror would go down sometimes in reverse and not others. Missed this item in the instruction manual apparently...

This answers that on my 2010 Q7 TDI.

Still learning something new about the Q7 even after almost 18 months of ownership...

On a separate note - would you all happen to know how to reset the rear gate lift height? I know that if you hold the button down for the rear gate that you can set that as the new gate height when opening but how do you clear that memory and reset to full height?

LOP 12-13-2011 08:30 AM

FYI...all these answers can be found in the owners manual. RTFM;)