AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MK 1 Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mk-1-discussion-112/)
-   -   Purchasd New 2015 Q7 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mk-1-discussion-112/purchasd-new-2015-q7-2893533/)

Nachserv 12-17-2015 08:57 AM

Purchasd New 2015 Q7

1 Attachment(s)
Greetings all,
I just became a new member since purchasing our new 2015 Q7 a few weeks ago. It's our first Audi, although back in college, I did own a beat up chocolate brown 1979 Audi Fox (which barely qualified as an Audi). Anyway, I was hoping to get some information from experienced members on some of the nuances of the Q7. Hopefully, with time I will have the opportunity to share my experience with newer members as well. For now, the two questions I have are on the dome lighting and rear window. The dome lighting does not turn on when we open the vehicles doors. Can someone guide me on if/how to have the dome lighting turn on when the doors are opened.

Secondly, does the rear window open like a hatch. I couldn't find anything to activate it and I am fearing confirmation that it does not open. Thanks.

sbrar96 12-17-2015 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Nachserv (Post 24754936)
Greetings all,
I just became a new member since purchasing our new 2015 Q7 a few weeks ago. It's our first Audi, although back in college, I did own a beat up chocolate brown 1979 Audi Fox (which barely qualified as an Audi). Anyway, I was hoping to get some information from experienced members on some of the nuances of the Q7. Hopefully, with time I will have the opportunity to share my experience with newer members as well. For now, the two questions I have are on the dome lighting and rear window. The dome lighting does not turn on when we open the vehicles doors. Can someone guide me on if/how to have the dome lighting turn on when the doors are opened.

Secondly, does the rear window open like a hatch. I couldn't find anything to activate it and I am fearing confirmation that it does not open. Thanks.

Welcome, beautiful truck! Are you talking about the third row windows or third row sunroof? If third row windows they don't open. As for the third row sunroof , it doesn't fully open (just opens upward a bit). Theres a button for this in the second row where the lights are. I don't know what you mean by dome lights but the trucks interior and exterior lighting can be controlled by the MMI, i think you click on car and then everything comes up (theres options to turn interior lights on/off while entering/leaving the truck). Hope that made sense, if it doesn't work I'll take a look at my Q7 and post step by step instructions but its all controlled by the MMI!

sethroid 12-17-2015 10:34 AM

The rear liftgate glass does not open independently of the liftgate.

Nachserv 12-17-2015 11:16 AM

Yes, I was referring to the rear glass mounted to the rear door. Thanks for the information from both of you on that. I will check the MMI to change the settings for the interior lighting and I will shrug my shoulders about the rear window.

Force-1 12-17-2015 03:43 PM

The dome lights are not controlled by MMI. They are controlled by switch above rear view mirror, like most vehicles.

Nachserv 12-17-2015 04:09 PM

Thanks for the info on the interior lighting. I located the setting in the interface and adjusted it. For some reason, the light level was at the lowest setting. Thanks again.

Nachserv 12-18-2015 03:31 AM

Force-1 also hit it right in the head, the on/off button was mixed in the cluster with the sunroof controls. Man, do I feel like a rookie. Thanks again everyone.

911 Crazy 12-18-2015 06:32 PM

Nice ride there Seņor Nacho!

ven7782 12-21-2015 09:33 AM

Congratulations on the beauty. may I ask how much did you pay for this?

911 Crazy 12-21-2015 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by ven7782 (Post 24756356)
Congratulations on the beauty. may I ask how much did you pay for this?

Let's put it this way. Seņor Nacho will no longer be able to afford guac and salsa for his nachos!