AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MK 1 Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mk-1-discussion-112/)
-   -   Q7 Aries foldable cargo liner (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mk-1-discussion-112/q7-aries-foldable-cargo-liner-2886521/)

NewAudiUser14 07-21-2015 06:39 AM

Q7 Aries foldable cargo liner

Hi all, newby here and wondering if anyone of you have someword to say about the Aries Foldable Cargo Liner. seems to be a good option if you use the third row once in a while.

I'm thinking in buying from CardID (product # 54542848) so appreciate your comments or suggestions for any other foldable cargo liner
Regards,

Cesar
Q7 2015 TDI Vorsprung Version.

smith2010Q7 07-21-2015 08:26 AM

I have the Audi one and love mine. I do not used the third one seat so mine stay in all the time. It helps in keeping the carpet clean.

VAG-Fan1 07-21-2015 10:30 AM

I bought the Novline cargo mat from AutoAnything and found it to be just right for my needs. It's a nice weight- not too light, not too heavy. Soft rubber feel, pliable, with grippy oval textures on it (maybe too grippy at times, if trying to slide a heavier object around). Also has a slight raised lip all around to contain small liquids and debris.

I looked at the Husky (too rigid) and the Audi Q7 logo mat (a bit too heavy) and settled on the Novline. It can roll-fold back for 3rd row use without obstructing the rear gate operation, though it isn't likely to be as tidy as what the Aries foldable looks to be when folded.

RAudi Driver 07-21-2015 05:38 PM

Trying to figure out how the aries folds. Looks to be a nice item

VAG-Fan1 07-22-2015 04:04 AM

This may not be the exact Q7 part number in the image, but it shows a Z-fold....

http://b.cdnbrm.com/images/products/..._r1_folded.jpg

cuatrokoop 07-23-2015 06:49 AM

Interesting, I've been wanting a mat for the cargo area but we use the 3rd row often enough that a WeatherTech was not a good option (we have weathertech digital fits in both Q7's for the front, middle and 3rd row floors).

NewAudiUser14 07-26-2015 09:02 AM

Hi all, thanks for your posts; I went ahead and order the mat from AutoAnything (got a better deal) so I will keep you posted with some pics when mat arrives.

I still need to verify how the folding option works.

cuatrokoop 07-26-2015 11:31 AM

Sounds silly, but I'm looking forward to your post, I put enough random stuff in the back of our Q7's that they constantly have dirt, sand, grass clippings etc.

Edd W 07-28-2015 04:41 AM

I have the Audi UK mat and it is a problem when using the third row of seat. You can only leave it at home which is a problem both from the point that it's a hassle removing it form the car but if you're doing a none planed one way journey extra passengers it's a real problem because you end up either leaving it somewhere of trying to fold it up to store it somewhere.

VAG-Fan1 07-28-2015 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Edd W (Post 24709582)
I have the Audi UK mat and it is a problem when using the third row of seat. You can only leave it at home which is a problem both from the point that it's a hassle removing it form the car but if you're doing a none planed one way journey extra passengers it's a real problem because you end up either leaving it somewhere of trying to fold it up to store it somewhere.

Edd- Your point is spot on and why I passed on the OEM Audi cargo mat, it is just a bit too thick to easily manage behind the 3rd row when in use.

Warning, short anecdote to your unplanned extra passengers comment: Just the other night, we were squeezing in a dinner out with friends (2X families of 4) before the Dad of the other family had to fly out of town. The kitchen staff lost our order and it got too tight on time, so the other Dad had to leave early in his vehicle. We were now 7 going home in our Q, so I rolled the mat back and lifted the 3rd row, ready to go. And it seems more often than not we are leaving the cargo shade out of the vehicle too, but that itself presents a problem in these scenarios if you have it installed- it doesn't store anywhere easily with 3rd row use.

Back on topic- I had also ordered the lesser known OEM Audi "foam" cargo mat, but that one was not fit for rugged use at all. It was basically an expanded polyethylene foam sheet molded into the cargo floor shape- way too light and very likely to rip/tear with any heavier objects being shifted around on it.