AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MK 1 Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mk-1-discussion-112/)
-   -   Strange stereo problem this morning. Bass is blasting, stereo useless (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mk-1-discussion-112/strange-stereo-problem-morning-bass-blasting-stereo-useless-2752025/)

Misplacedyankee 05-18-2009 02:36 AM

Strange stereo problem this morning. Bass is blasting, stereo useless

Anyone ever experience this? Nothing strange since yesterday has happened. I got in the car this am and the bass is so loud it could blow all the speakers out. What's more is that it is all coming from the drivers door speaker. Had to shut the whole system down and can't even try to listen to the radio etc. Restored factory settings, turned mmi on and off. Turned car on and off several times. Very strange...

pagpc 05-18-2009 04:33 AM

mine did the same thing. i thought it was heat related. has not done since. have not been to dealer since.

peter

babakm 05-18-2009 10:06 AM

Me too

Happened one morning last August. Turned the radio off and on again and it cleared up. No problem since.

Mdkellys 05-18-2009 11:47 AM

Ours has done the same thing a couple of times. If you try to use the volume control to turn it down nothing happens. We have had a couple of times where it takes half of a day to reboot and then it is fine. If it isn't acting up when you take it to the dealer, they don't have a solution.

Jusforfun 05-18-2009 11:57 AM

That makes 6 in total. Different years and models

Misplacedyankee 05-18-2009 03:55 PM

Fixed itself after sitting for 8 hours...just like the rest.

It sure is strange though. Glad it fixed itself.

il309 05-19-2009 12:07 PM

Probably got a leak in the back of car shorting out the amp. Happened to me when I first got my car, then couple years later again. Adaptive air completely dropped, I mean dropped! This thing was a low rider! Keyless entry was buggy. Then amp stopped working. Water leaked out of sunroof drain, stained headliner, shorted amp etc. etc. Anyone getting these symptoms need to have rear right checked, I think it is, where all the electronics is at.

Misplacedyankee 05-19-2009 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by il309 (Post 23790702)
Probably got a leak in the back of car shorting out the amp. Happened to me when I first got my car, then couple years later again. Adaptive air completely dropped, I mean dropped! This thing was a low rider! Keyless entry was buggy. Then amp stopped working. Water leaked out of sunroof drain, stained headliner, shorted amp etc. etc. Anyone getting these symptoms need to have rear right checked, I think it is, where all the electronics is at.

Thanks. Will check. No sunroof here so likely no a leak from there, but who knows where else water might come in.

TdsQ7 05-19-2009 07:17 PM

Happened to me the morning I was taking my car for its 25000 mile tune up. I told the dealership and If I remember right they reinstalled the radio software or something like that. It hasn't happened since.

Tyler
07 Q7

tymez 05-26-2009 02:36 PM

This happened to me on one occasion too. Seemed to fix itself, after a restart of the car. Haven't had it happen since. Weird!

P.