AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MK 1 Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mk-1-discussion-112/)
-   -   TDI Discounts after Cheating/Best Deal? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mk-1-discussion-112/tdi-discounts-after-cheating-best-deal-2890035/)

carpersn 10-05-2015 11:26 AM

TDI Discounts after Cheating/Best Deal?

New to Audi-MB driver for many years. I am looking at a 2015 Q7 TDI Premium Plus which has MSRP of $64775. I have been offered, without ANY negotiation, $7k off MSRP, but i sense that there is a little more money to be had due to the negative perception of the diesel cheating, even though the 6 cyl isn't affected.

If anyone has any guidance i'd appreciate it. This is a model this dealer has in stock, so i know he wants to move, but i need some ammunition as to a decent counter-offer.

I'm ready to buy ASAP.

thanks!

smith2010Q7 10-05-2015 02:15 PM

ask for 10K cause of the diesel cheating

redracer007 10-05-2015 05:52 PM

I bought a non diesel sport edition and got 14% off MSRP. There should definitely be more room especially on a diesel. Good luck.

Originally Posted by carpersn (Post 24730087)
New to Audi-MB driver for many years. I am looking at a 2015 Q7 TDI Premium Plus which has MSRP of $64775. I have been offered, without ANY negotiation, $7k off MSRP, but i sense that there is a little more money to be had due to the negative perception of the diesel cheating, even though the 6 cyl isn't affected.

If anyone has any guidance i'd appreciate it. This is a model this dealer has in stock, so i know he wants to move, but i need some ammunition as to a decent counter-offer.

I'm ready to buy ASAP.

thanks!

VAG-Fan1 10-09-2015 08:06 AM

I'd say just with typical haggling/negotiation you should work the best deal you can, regardless of the VAG TDI crisis. The average person skimming the news headlines has little clue that Audi is a corporate entity of VW, and Audi of America, as well as their dealer network know this, so I wouldn't expect them to flinch one bit on the "VW" diesel scandal in terms of price negotiation. As the actual financial impacts at VW start to trickle to their subsidiary companies (like Audi) over the next several months and beyond, that could change.

Most of the current Q7 deals have been going on since before the scandal broke, largely one last hurrah of sales for the outgoing '15 model year / Gen 1 body style.

Could you go leverage a better deal on a Touareg TDI right now? I would bet you can. VW is offering $2000 in loyalty cash pretty much across the board to existing VW owners to try to stop the bleeding- and that promo came as a result of the TDI scandal breaking the news, so you know VW is aware of their weakened position.

uberwgn 10-09-2015 09:09 AM

I saw VoA suspended sales of the TDI. Audi didn't ?

Rob4.2 10-09-2015 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by uberwgn (Post 24731237)
I saw VoA suspended sales of the TDI. Audi didn't ?

Only vehicles with the 2.0 TDI engines were suspended