AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MK 1 Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mk-1-discussion-112/)
-   -   TDI Goodwill Package (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mk-1-discussion-112/tdi-goodwill-package-2896993/)

DUTCH VanAtlanta 03-04-2016 10:59 AM

TDI Goodwill Package

My package arrived today, March 4. However, the cards included in the package are good through January 2017; in other words, not the 1 yr promised on the website. Follows is the quote from the website:

When do the cards expire?

Both cards expire one year after the date of card issuance. Please note that the issuance date is when the card is sent, not the date when it is activated at a participating Audi dealership. For this reason, we encourage you to activate your Audi TDI Goodwill Package as soon as possible after receipt. For additional information please visit https://www.audiusa.com/diesel or call the Audi Customer Experience Center at 1-800-822-2834.
Go to a Service Adviser to activate the cards. They know what needs to be done.

Sales manager in the front showroom didn't have a clue; and told me that I needed to call to make an appointment for a vehicle inspection before I could activate the program.

Also interesting is that the package I received in the mail is for the A3 2.0 TDI. It did, however, appear to activate my 3.0 TDI Q7 properly. I guess I'll find out for sure when I try to buy something with the VISA card or the Audi Dealer card, and/or if I call for roadside assistance.

OldS4Fart 03-05-2016 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by DUTCH VanAtlanta (Post 24784491)
My package arrived today, March 4. However, the cards included in the package are good through January 2017; in other words, not the 1 yr promised on the website. Follows is the quote from the website:

Go to a Service Adviser to activate the cards. They know what needs to be done.

Sales manager in the front showroom didn't have a clue; and told me that I needed to call to make an appointment for a vehicle inspection before I could activate the program.

Also interesting is that the package I received in the mail is for the A3 2.0 TDI. It did, however, appear to activate my 3.0 TDI Q7 properly. I guess I'll find out for sure when I try to buy something with the VISA card or the Audi Dealer card, and/or if I call for roadside assistance.

I received the same A3 2.0 TDI package yesterday. It does show the correct VIN for my Q7 TDI though. Very confusing and unprofessional IMHO. I will have it activated when I bring in the car for its next service.

iconoclast 03-05-2016 04:27 AM

i have not received the Q7 package yet.

Canadian Lurker 03-05-2016 05:45 AM

Mine arrived yesterday in Georgia and now just waiting for it to be re-mailed to me in Canada.

DUTCH VanAtlanta 03-05-2016 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Canadian Lurker (Post 24784711)
Mine arrived yesterday in Georgia and now just waiting for it to be re-mailed to me in Canada.

Will you be able to get it activated in Canada?

OldS4Fart 03-05-2016 06:58 AM

I'm concerned how useful the warranty extension and roadside assistance will be if it all refers to the A3 TDI.

DUTCH VanAtlanta 03-05-2016 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by OldS4Fart (Post 24784741)
I'm concerned how useful the warranty extension and roadside assistance will be if it all refers to the A3 TDI.

Is there a warranty extension? I thought only Porsche offered that on their Cayenne TDI.

I was assured by the Audicare Customer Service Rep that the Roadside Assistance is based on VIN; and my VIN shows as registered in the program.

OldS4Fart 03-05-2016 08:08 AM

You are right. No extended warranty but 3 years of roadside assistance. Maybe the warranty extension comes with a financial settlement later.

DUTCH VanAtlanta 03-05-2016 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by OldS4Fart (Post 24784769)
You are right. No extended warranty but 3 years of roadside assistance. Maybe the warranty extension comes with a financial settlement later.

Don't hold your breath.

OldS4Fart 03-05-2016 08:28 AM

Not holding my breath. My sense is that the compensation for value deterioration and increased fuel consumption for our cars will pretty much go to pay the lawyers.