Is $500 over invoice good? - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi Q3 /Q5 / Q7 > Audi Q7 > Q7 MKII Discussion
Reload this Page > Is $500 over invoice good?
Notices
Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Is $500 over invoice good?

Old 06-15-2017, 04:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Is $500 over invoice good?

I'm negotiating via email with a dealer for a 2018 Q7 Prestige. I asked for a discount and was expecting to get a response as a "percentage", for example, 4%, 5%, or 6%. However, he said he would sell the car for $500 over invoice.

When I asked for the invoice price so I could compute my cost, he said the invoice price is unknown until the car in built. He said $500 over invoice is about 6%. My question to this forum, is $500 over invoice a good deal? Is it the equivalent of 6%?

In case it matters, the MSRP for my dream car is $76K according to the 2018 Order Guide.

Rich in San Diego
Old 06-15-2017, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rich2parry View Post
He said $500 over invoice is about 6%.
If your dealer agrees to 6% off MSRP, I believe thats a great deal!
Old 06-15-2017, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

As long as you are getting the car the way you want it, then yes, I would say it is a good deal.
Old 06-15-2017, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

it's a terrific deal on a Q7, particularly in Prestige trim

keep in mind, the order price guide is subject to change on a monthly basis
Old 06-15-2017, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by rich2parry View Post
I'm negotiating via email with a dealer for a 2018 Q7 Prestige. I asked for a discount and was expecting to get a response as a "percentage", for example, 4%, 5%, or 6%. However, he said he would sell the car for $500 over invoice.

When I asked for the invoice price so I could compute my cost, he said the invoice price is unknown until the car in built. He said $500 over invoice is about 6%. My question to this forum, is $500 over invoice a good deal? Is it the equivalent of 6%?

In case it matters, the MSRP for my dream car is $76K according to the 2018 Order Guide.

Rich in San Diego
Without knowing the selling price, and the MSRP of the build, its hard to say. Who knows what invoice according to him. Get both, and figure out the discount % and we'll tell you.
Old 06-15-2017, 07:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

When I negotiated with my dealer, I asked for a discount from MSRP. The dealer insisted on an amount over invoice. I can't remember the exact amount he quoted, but it would have worked out to about what I had in mind. When we finally got the car, I was presented with a price that was about $1K more than I had expected. I checked the invoice price carefully and found that it included 3 extra fees related to regional marketing charges. I was not happy and almost walked away. At the end, I didn't want to go through the whole process again with a different dealer and decided to just pay the higher price.

I suspect your dealer is playing the same game. I can't imagine your dealer doesn't know the invoice price of the car. That information is readily available. I suggest that you negotiate an out-of-door price instead. Good luck.
Old 06-15-2017, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I got my Prestige for $500.00 over invoice, invoice price was given to me at time of order and was not to exceed the agreed upon price. Only way the price would change was if the invoice came in less once delivered but it did not, it actually was about $120.00 higher than expected, dealer stuck to agreed upon price. So with that being said I paid about $380.00 give or take over invoice.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Go for it!
Old 06-15-2017, 08:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

$500 over invoice is a great deal.
Old 06-16-2017, 02:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The spread between invoice and retail for the base price is 6%. The spread for options is 7%. So the spread for the total $76k vehicle is a little over 6%.

$500 is about 1/2 percent of $76k, so your net discount off MSRP is roughly 5.5%.

As said earlier, that's a great deal!

Search this Thread