AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MKII Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/)
-   -   % Off MSRP for 2018 Q7 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/%25-off-msrp-2018-q7-2954437/)

McDQ7 07-28-2018 04:56 PM

% Off MSRP for 2018 Q7

Just wondering what folks think is a reasonable % off MSRP for in stock '18 Prestiges.

Thanks

jason1635 07-28-2018 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by McDQ7 (Post 25187108)
Just wondering what folks think is a reasonable % off MSRP for in stock '18 Prestiges.

Thanks

I just bought a new Premium Plus two weeks ago-- both the dealer I bought from and dealers I queried in local area (DC) seemed to have slightly more inventory of P+ than prestige. I got a better deal than I expected without a particularly strenuous negotiation. I received about 12.7% off MSRP including the loyalty rebate and also additionally will get 1st month paid by AFS. The downside is the interest is 4.9% which eats a lot of the benefits of financing with Audi. My trade was more than KBB for good condition , so I don't think it impacted numbers at all. My take was that the numbers would have applied regardless of which model or packages I choose--there was ample inventory and choice. i got a pretty stripped down P+ just 20" wheels CWP and audi beams in my experience these can be harder to bargain for.
Depending on where you are would start the discussion at 10-12% regardless of model, dealers seem motivated to make room for the 19's. For me I got a May 18 build samurai gray and love it. Looked side by side at that and Graphite Gray that was built 9 months earlier, and liked both color and the fact that even though model year will turnover soon, my car was a newer 18.. Good luck prestige are beautiful and still lots on the lots with popular color/options.

McDQ7 07-28-2018 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by jason1635 (Post 25187112)
I just bought a new Premium Plus two weeks ago-- both the dealer I bought from and dealers I queried in local area (DC) seemed to have slightly more inventory of P+ than prestige. I got a better deal than I expected without a particularly strenuous negotiation. I received about 12.7% off MSRP including the loyalty rebate and also additionally will get 1st month paid by AFS. The downside is the interest is 4.9% which eats a lot of the benefits of financing with Audi. My trade was more than KBB for good condition , so I don't think it impacted numbers at all. My take was that the numbers would have applied regardless of which model or packages I choose--there was ample inventory and choice. i got a pretty stripped down P+ just 20" wheels CWP and audi beams in my experience these can be harder to bargain for.
Depending on where you are would start the discussion at 10-12% regardless of model, dealers seem motivated to make room for the 19's. For me I got a May 18 build samurai gray and love it. Looked side by side at that and Graphite Gray that was built 9 months earlier, and liked both color and the fact that even though model year will turnover soon, my car was a newer 18.. Good luck prestige are beautiful and still lots on the lots with popular color/options.

Thanks Jason. That's some good information - appreciate it. Best of luck with your Premium Plus.

jetsfan101 07-30-2018 04:45 AM

there is a thread going around here right now that talks about the discounts people are getting for their Q7s right now.

I ended up with 10% off msrp +$1000 loyalty for a european delivery 2018 Q7 Prestige.

SCarGuy 07-30-2018 05:18 AM

All depends on your region, and inventory levels.

MA is particularly unique, in that they makie it extremely cumbersome to buy a car from outside of the state

Road Pirate 07-30-2018 07:06 AM

in a competitive area where u have a few dealerships within 1 hour of ur house, i would expect 12-13% off msrp. given the fact that 2018 production is near its end and dealerships are already ordering 2019.

i got 13% off with financing with audi, no loyalty rebate and i didnt purchase any warranty or audi maintenance. when salesman emailed me with the internet price, i replied that im looking for 13% off and provided 3 links of threads from this forum where they got 12.5-13%. i bought it the next day (which was the beginning of this month). go back a few pages and ull see threads where they talk about the 12-13% discount

Road Pirate 07-30-2018 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by jason1635 (Post 25187112)

i read its 3.99% from audi and anything over is profit for the dealership. i called AFS and confirmed that there is no penalty for paying off the loan early. as soon as i get my 1st free payment from AFS next month, i will refinance with my credit union (offering under 3%). 5% interest is a joke for tier 1 credit applicants. the salesman said to wait 6 months to avoid kickback penalty for the dealership, but there is no way im paying 250 interest for 6 months which will negate the 1st free payment from audi

SCarGuy 07-30-2018 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Road Pirate (Post 25187633)
i read its 3.99% from audi and anything over is profit for the dealership. i called AFS and confirmed that there is no penalty for paying off the loan early. as soon as i get my 1st free payment from AFS next month, i will refinance with my credit union (offering under 3%). 5% interest is a joke for tier 1 credit applicants. the salesman said to wait 6 months to avoid kickback penalty for the dealership, but there is no way im paying 250 interest for 6 months which will negate the 1st free payment from audi

You could make a large lump sum payment month 1, and then tiny payments month 2-6. That would let you maintain the relationship with the dealer, and minimize interest to nearly 0.

McDQ7 07-30-2018 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by SCarGuy (Post 25187567)
All depends on your region, and inventory levels.

MA is particularly unique, in that they makie it extremely cumbersome to buy a car from outside of the state

If it's not too much trouble could you site an example of why purchasing outside of MA is cumbersome?

SCarGuy 07-30-2018 07:30 AM

Because they won't allow an out of state temp plate on a new car is one big reason. I am going through it right now on a vehicle. Insurance has to be the one to issue the MA plate, and they needed the original title (or c/o) to issue that. Which means I had to send it to them before paperwork was signed or money changed hands. A ton of extra work