Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

'17 Q7 - Suspension Pop/Clunk

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '17 Q7 - Suspension Pop/Clunk

I’ve noticed when driving the Q7 into a inclined driveway, while approaching the driveway at an angle, the front suspension makes a pretty loud pop/clunk sound. This is intermittent, but happens frequently enough to notice a trend. It appears that when that particular load is applied to the front suspension, the pop/clunk occurs. Has anyone seen this issue before or know of any TSB’s regarding this issue?

Thanks for the help.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by deckhand
I’ve noticed when driving the Q7 into a inclined driveway, while approaching the driveway at an angle, the front suspension makes a pretty loud pop/clunk sound. This is intermittent, but happens frequently enough to notice a trend. It appears that when that particular load is applied to the front suspension, the pop/clunk occurs. Has anyone seen this issue before or know of any TSB’s regarding this issue?

Thanks for the help.
There is a thread on here that could likely be your issue (sorry cannot link you at the moment as I would need to search for it). But, search out "front control arm bushings". Many of us had to have the bushings replaced due to creaking of the front suspension.
Old 03-24-2018, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Meyecul
There is a thread on here that could likely be your issue (sorry cannot link you at the moment as I would need to search for it). But, search out "front control arm bushings". Many of us had to have the bushings replaced due to creaking of the front suspension.
This is happening to me! It doesn't happen every time, thanks for the information. I'll look it up and see if I can get it fixed!
Old 03-24-2018, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...t-end-2933171/
Old 03-24-2018, 08:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Had mine done...the new control arm bushings make the noises less noticeable, but they're still there, just not as pronounced.

Last edited by RJC 1; 03-24-2018 at 08:49 PM.
Old 03-25-2018, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

I haven't notice the clank on front loading, but last night I have notice the clank coming from the driver's side front when the front suspension got unloaded. Sort of revers of what was described. Both times I was on the inclined driveway (think entrance into parking lot structure) and at the end of incline where it straightens out, that's when the clank occurs. No noise other than during this transition.
Old 03-25-2018, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Slow speed turns is where it's most noticeable...not a clank but more like a popping. The new bushings made it 70% better.
The following users liked this post:
Jlyd (12-09-2021)
Old 12-09-2018, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by RJC 1
Had mine done...the new control arm bushings make the noises less noticeable, but they're still there, just not as pronounced.
I has the exact same experience. Picked up the car yesterday with new bushings installed per TSB 20448264/5 and now the clunk occurs more often on turns, but not as loud/ pronounced as before.

When I dropped my car off there was another guy there dropping off his Q7 for the same issue.
Old 12-10-2018, 01:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AnalogAudi
I has the exact same experience. Picked up the car yesterday with new bushings installed per TSB 20448264/5 and now the clunk occurs more often on turns, but not as loud/ pronounced as before.

When I dropped my car off there was another guy there dropping off his Q7 for the same issue.
How does one know when there is an open TSB for their vehicle?
Old 12-10-2018, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by bigpimpinthed
How does one know when there is an open TSB for their vehicle?
I don't know but I wish I did. Google hasn't turned up anything useful for me.

Quick Reply: '17 Q7 - Suspension Pop/Clunk