AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2017 Audi Q7 Motor1.com Review

Interesting Read:

Review: 2017 Audi Q7 | Motor1.com
Old 05-10-2016, 06:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not much of a review rather just a long statement about what he doesn't like. By reading that nonsense you might think the car is absolute junk. And that therein is what is bad about the internet. Too many unqualified donkeys offering an opinion often based on their personal likes and dislikes. Rarely will you see a review article based mainly on the facts. Compare this review with the Consumer Reports review. You might think they were 2 completely different suv's.

I'll stick to reading reviews from qualified sources like C.R. and Car & Driver.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by pcaddict66
Not much of a review rather just a long statement about what he doesn't like. By reading that nonsense you might think the car is absolute junk. And that therein is what is bad about the internet. Too many unqualified donkeys offering an opinion often based on their personal likes and dislikes. Rarely will you see a review article based mainly on the facts. Compare this review with the Consumer Reports review. You might think they were 2 completely different suv's.

I'll stick to reading reviews from qualified sources like C.R. and Car & Driver.
What I found most interesting is that, in the beginning, the author states that the suspension is too firm in dynamic mode. Two paragraphs later, we find out that he was not able to try the air suspension.....
So this guy basically confused throttle response (and perhaps steering effort) when changing ADS with changes in suspension damping, and in the process provided a misleading review. In spite of some of the points he makes being true (his critique of lane-keep assist is spot on in my experience, and, for those who are looking for cargo capacity, there are indeed more spacious options) the fact that he misses such a fundamental point throws the rest of the review in question.
Old 05-11-2016, 02:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by mikem33
What I found most interesting is that, in the beginning, the author states that the suspension is too firm in dynamic mode. Two paragraphs later, we find out that he was not able to try the air suspension.....
So this guy basically confused throttle response (and perhaps steering effort) when changing ADS with changes in suspension damping, and in the process provided a misleading review. In spite of some of the points he makes being true (his critique of lane-keep assist is spot on in my experience, and, for those who are looking for cargo capacity, there are indeed more spacious options) the fact that he misses such a fundamental point throws the rest of the review in question.
I was about to post that same observation. Facts wrong = no credibility.

After driving with the active lane assist on for about 1000 miles now, I would agree with his assessment if you have it set to "late". However, if you set it to "early", it is really pretty smooth most of the time. Not that there aren't some rare times when you have to override it, but it has saved me from drifting across a lane marking a couple of times. And the steering wheel vibration is pretty amazing. You would swear you hit rumble strips at the edge of the road; it feels just like that. Then you look and see there are no rumble strips, just the DAP telling you you're too close to the edge.