2017 prestige discounts - AudiWorld Forums

Notices
Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2017 prestige discounts

Old 09-11-2017, 03:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default 2017 prestige discounts

Hi, I am new to this forum and new to audi too. I am considering to get a q7 prestige soon. Send a couple emails to several dealers nearby (I am in NJ) and one large dealer asked if I am interested in one of their 2017 prestige in stock. MSRP is 70795, selling price is 64500 +tax and fees. I initially asked 60k with Audi care, but got rejected. His offer is 9% off, how do you guys think? I am able to get another 1~ 2k? Is that a good idea to go with a 2017 model instead of add a few thousands to go with 2018? Any suggestions are appreciated!
Old 09-11-2017, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by smileyfacesun View Post
Hi, I am new to this forum and new to audi too. I am considering to get a q7 prestige soon. Send a couple emails to several dealers nearby (I am in NJ) and one large dealer asked if I am interested in one of their 2017 prestige in stock. MSRP is 70795, selling price is 64500 +tax and fees. I initially asked 60k with Audi care, but got rejected. His offer is 9% off, how do you guys think? I am able to get another 1~ 2k? Is that a good idea to go with a 2017 model instead of add a few thousands to go with 2018? Any suggestions are appreciated!
I'm in NJ too, 9% is a fantastic deal, I'd jump on it before somebody else does. As for Audi care, it's a pass through cost so if they throw it in they are paying out of pocket for it so good luck with that.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I think 9% is not a good deal. It is only about $1400 cheaper than a 2018, but it is a year older, with more than $1400 in extra depreciation. Also it is missing the soft-close doors.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

If the 2017 Prestige in stock is close to your preferences and specifications you want, then you may go for it. With the MY18 now trickling in, you should be able to get a decent discount. The current offer for 9% off MSRP is ok, however, I'll let others weigh in who have shopped around in NJ and familiar with the local dealers.

Regarding MY18, the only additional standard feature you will get is power soft-closing doors. Moreover, being a year newer, it will also hold higher resale value down the line in case you plan to keep the vehicle for long. However, do not expect much wiggle room from dealers discount-wise.

Hope this helps. Cheers.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by sr007 View Post
However, do not expect much wiggle room from dealers discount-wise.
This is true. There are plenty of people who will buy it at 9% or so. So it is best to forget about the 2017, leave it for others, and get a 2018 at 7% off.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Seems like a good deal if you like the color and other options. Or, conversely, burn up a ton of hours looking for a better deal.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I love the soft close doors by the way. The doors not always closing on my Sequoia unless I slam them is annoying. My kids are really into making a game out of how lightly they can close the Q7 doors, and they all scold adults who close them hard enough that the car doesn't quietly suck the door in under power.
Old 09-12-2017, 06:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Thank you for all your inputs

Thank you very much for all your inputs. It does have a few extra small stuff which I don't need. I am hesitating also because it seems to me there are quite a lot of reliability issues for 2017 model and the discounts are not significant compared with the price of the car.
Old 09-12-2017, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thank you very much for all your inputs. It does have a few extra small stuff which I don't need. I am hesitating also because it seems to me there are quite a lot of reliability issues for 2017 model and the discounts are not significant compared with the price of the car.
reliability issues? i have 2017 and have had zero. I'm curious to which issues you are referring to.
Old 09-12-2017, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Model year 2017 ran for like 2 years, so month/year of manufacture is important with regards to reliability. for example, Oct 2015 build and March 2017 build will not be the same when it comes to build quality

Search this Thread