Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Trailer Electronic break controller on the 2017 Q7 with tow package?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 03:21 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailer Electronic break controller on the 2017 Q7 with tow package?

Hi All,

First Audi .. I am loving it. Will be picking her up this weekend. Possibly will tow a light weight trailer soon.

For those of you who has electrical break on your trailer. I have a few questions.

1) Do you know if our 2017 Audi Q7 with tow package come with a factory "electronic break controller" to control the breaking on your trailer ? It looks like it does from reading the brochures and owner's manual. See attached pics.

1) If it doesn't come with a factory electronic break controller, where do you find that plug under your driver dash to plug in the after market electronics controller?

2) If it does (I hope) come with a factory eletronic break controller , does it need activation from the dealership or it automatic detect when you plug in the 7 pin plug near the factory installed hitch(tow package). ?

Please help. I am getting mix info from the dealership, the brochures and owner's manual.

Thanks and nice to meet you all.

Alan
Old 07-20-2016, 03:23 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ak47si
Hi All,

First Audi .. I am loving it. Will be picking her up this weekend. Possibly will tow a light weight trailer soon.

For those of you who has electrical break on your trailer. I have a few questions.

1) Do you know if our 2017 Audi Q7 with tow package come with a factory "electronic break controller" to control the breaking on your trailer ? It looks like it does from reading the brochures and owner's manual. See attached pics.

1) If it doesn't come with a factory electronic break controller, where do you find that plug under your driver dash to plug in the after market electronics controller?

2) If it does (I hope) come with a factory eletronic break controller , does it need activation from the dealership or it automatic detect when you plug in the 7 pin plug near the factory installed hitch(tow package). ?

Please help. I am getting mix info from the dealership, the brochures and owner's manual.

Alan

Old 11-08-2020, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ak47si
Hi All,

Alan
Sorry to revitalize an old thread but did you ever get clarity here? I was wondering the same. Thank you.