Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2017 Q7 BRAKE ISSUES, NO FIX IN SIGHT

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am at 22k and mine squeal like nobody's business for the fist few feet and then all is normal. It drives my wife nuts as I get just the right speed for it to be loudest. To be honest with the exception of the SOS malfunction early on, I have had zero issues , so I am content until I get my first brake job.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by noxqzs
I am at 22k and mine squeal like nobody's business for the fist few feet and then all is normal. It drives my wife nuts as I get just the right speed for it to be loudest. To be honest with the exception of the SOS malfunction early on, I have had zero issues , so I am content until I get my first brake job.
Mine started to squeal when on forward gear and break. This is crazy. I am going to check with the dealer, since he put me in some kind of notify list when a solution is available.
Old 10-26-2017, 03:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Same Issue

Have been having the same issue with my 2017 Q7. Every time backing out of the driveway the breaks squeal like I don't have any pads on. Taken to the dealership 4 different times and been told its normal but they will clean off the rotors for me. After an hour long discussion with Audi USA the other day, no solution was offered other than to "wait it out" and "not everything is perfect". After spending over $80K on a car thats just over a year old, I shouldn't have to, nor want to, slam on my brakes from 40mph-0mph to try and avoid the embarrassing squeak. Getting ready to get rid of the Q7 and either go for a GLS or a Range Rover.
The following users liked this post:
Lorri Willams Charvat (03-03-2020)
Old 10-26-2017, 10:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Isai1993
Have been having the same issue with my 2017 Q7. Every time backing out of the driveway the breaks squeal like I don't have any pads on. Taken to the dealership 4 different times and been told its normal but they will clean off the rotors for me. After an hour long discussion with Audi USA the other day, no solution was offered other than to "wait it out" and "not everything is perfect". After spending over $80K on a car thats just over a year old, I shouldn't have to, nor want to, slam on my brakes from 40mph-0mph to try and avoid the embarrassing squeak. Getting ready to get rid of the Q7 and either go for a GLS or a Range Rover.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, they build great vehicles, but they don't fully back up their product. The VAG global settlement has this company on highly tightened purse strings according to several reports...and guess who indirectly pays for their misdeeds? You guessed it, us!
Old 10-27-2017, 12:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Basic Bed-In Procedure
1. After installing new disc rotors and/or brake pads, perform eight to 10 slowdowns applying moderate pressure from about 30 to 40 mph (50 to 60 kph) without coming to a stop.
2. Make an additional two or three slowdowns applying heavy pressure from about 40 to 45 mph (60 to 70 kph) without coming to a stop.
3. DO NOT DRAG THE BRAKES.
4. Allow at least 15 minutes for the brake system to cool down.
5. While the car is at rest during cool-down, DO NOT APPLY THE BRAKES. If you do, material will transfer from the pads to the rotor and probably give you braking vibration.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Isai1993
You are going to sell your Q7 because of squeaky brakes? GLS or Range Rover huh?
If it is a major deal for you I would strongly suggest just getting some new brake pads (Not Audi) pads. If you like everything about the Q7 it will save you thousands of dollars in the end to switch to a quieter pad instead of selling your car and getting a Range Rover. Sorry to say, you will have more problems then just brakes if you get a Rover. BTW my buddy has a RR Sport and he complains about his squeaky brakes all the time, just saying.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Seems to me that this brake issue may be some type of German car issue? Our last 2 S550's have done the same thing, drives us nuts!
Old 10-27-2017, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rsilvers129
Basic Bed-In Procedure
1. After installing new disc rotors and/or brake pads, perform eight to 10 slowdowns applying moderate pressure from about 30 to 40 mph (50 to 60 kph) without coming to a stop.
2. Make an additional two or three slowdowns applying heavy pressure from about 40 to 45 mph (60 to 70 kph) without coming to a stop.
3. DO NOT DRAG THE BRAKES.
4. Allow at least 15 minutes for the brake system to cool down.
5. While the car is at rest during cool-down, DO NOT APPLY THE BRAKES. If you do, material will transfer from the pads to the rotor and probably give you braking vibration.
I wonder how much the brakes are used from the time the car rolls off the assembly line till it's driven off the lot. Don't most cars have at least 7-11 miles on them at purchase?
Old 10-27-2017, 08:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
Seems to me that this brake issue may be some type of German car issue? Our last 2 S550's have done the same thing, drives us nuts!
Make sure no tire detail spray gets on the rotors, some of that stuff can be viscos.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

How to Fix Squeaky Brakes the Right Way

Quick Reply: 2017 Q7 BRAKE ISSUES, NO FIX IN SIGHT