Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2017 Q7 BRAKE ISSUES, NO FIX IN SIGHT

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Has anyone experienced Brake Squeal on a 2018 Q7 ? I have 8.5K mil since April - Mine was built in February '18 . I started to notice a low squeal backing up. The weather in Northern NJ today is cold and dry ( ideal conditions).
What is the correct TSB number ? Does anyone have an image of the TSB ? Can I visibly tell if I have the new version ? .....Or is it up to the dealer this information
Thanks Much
Old 11-12-2018, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine (2018 Q7) squeals when I back up only when the weather is cold
Old 11-12-2018, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hammer458
Has anyone experienced Brake Squeal on a 2018 Q7 ? I have 8.5K mil since April - Mine was built in February '18 . I started to notice a low squeal backing up. The weather in Northern NJ today is cold and dry ( ideal conditions).
What is the correct TSB number ? Does anyone have an image of the TSB ? Can I visibly tell if I have the new version ? .....Or is it up to the dealer this information
Thanks Much
If you read this thread, all the info you need is in here. This whole thread is all about the problem. Yes, everyone hears the brakes squealing when backing up.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went to the dealer last Friday, they ordered the parts so they said to fix the brakes. I gave them the TSB# and there were no further questions asked.
Old 11-12-2018, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
I went to the dealer last Friday, they ordered the parts so they said to fix the brakes. I gave them the TSB# and there were no further questions asked.
Have been to dealer twice over last four months and still being told brakes for tsb are on national backorder. 18k current miles, squealing since 9k. Dealer proposing to replace front pads when available. Have any had all pads replaced?
Old 11-13-2018, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default My 18 Q7 started to squeal around 15k too.

Figured I would live with it cuz they suppose to be high performance brakes and I thought that was just a characteristic of them. But hey if there is a TSB well then...I’ll report how my local dealer deals with it.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by gsobol
Go back and tell them there is a TSB out for your vehicle and you want them to apply it. TSB 2050735/3

BTW you can always search TSBs for your 2017 on NHTSA website:
https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2017/A...Communications

Hey everyone! Here is an update on the TSB 2050735/3...It did not work. We were one of the first in the country to get the updated TSB and it worked for a few months. Then started having the same issues! What a hunk of crap this thing is. The service department started to deny any issues, "this is they way these cars are" "they are designed for driving in Germany" ...Good lord, the crap these guys say. Finally, I informed them, that If I was one of the first to have this issue and fixed and its reoccurring, then you can bet your rear that this will start showing up again for others. That this is a design defect, plain and simple. They took me more serious this time, called an audi tech in, measured brakes, rotors, sound recrodings, and our Q7 was in the shop for 8 days. Audi advised that they put on new rotors, sand the brake pads, etc... And guess what, the noise is still there! I brought it back, they fiddled with it for another week, called Audi out. Said they couldn't replicate the noise, but when we picked it up, we could replicate it right there. This is beginning to feel like they are trying to brush this under the rug. I am going to consult an attorney. 21 days in the shop, 3 fixes, no resolution. Will keep everyone posted. Unbelievable that they would allow this defect grow like this, I would have expected after the emission scandal that they would be hyper sensitive to these types of things.
Old 11-14-2018, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

I have to admit now that its getting cold out, when I reverse the Q out of the garage and hit the brake for the first time, I get a brief squeal. Then its gone. I did notice last winter the brakes would squeal when cold (like sub 32) until warm. Wondering if this is the start of this issue. 10k miles
Old 11-14-2018, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sranger941

Have been to dealer twice over last four months and still being told brakes for tsb are on national backorder. 18k current miles, squealing since 9k. Dealer proposing to replace front pads when available. Have any had all pads replaced?
Had all four rotors and front pads replaced under the TSB (the rear pads were fine) months ago.

Old 11-14-2018, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

All they replaced on mine were the front pads. I wish that they would have changed the rotors and pads.

Quick Reply: 2017 Q7 BRAKE ISSUES, NO FIX IN SIGHT