Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2017 Q7 BRAKE ISSUES, NO FIX IN SIGHT

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JONPRAC
Well after 3 sets of pads and doing the service bulletin twice it still squeals I hate this car and I hate the Audi brand they lost me as a cust forever. The Suv is a huge issue I have had more small things go wrong in this car then any other car I have owned. The dealer is great thank god they help me with everything but as far as the brand they could care less about any of us.......enjoy the back and forth emails and the non call backs.
Is your squealing in reverse only and what are your climate conditions when this occurs?
Old 04-09-2019, 11:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

everyday backing out of my garage any temp and condition. live in New York
Old 04-09-2019, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JONPRAC
everyday backing out of my garage any temp and condition. live in New York
So you have it in the summer too? Reason I'm asking is we only notice it on ours during colder or drier times (in S FL).
FYI, Porsche is having lots of squealing issues on the new 19 CY's (steel and coated) and its not just in reverse but all aspects of everyday driving and thus far they've offered nothing, plus the non-caoted steel brakes emit lots of dust...at least Audi is trying. In addition to euro cars we also have a 19 Cadillac and once in a blue moon it too squeals briefly in reverse.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:45 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by RJC 1
So you have it in the summer too? Reason I'm asking is we only notice it on ours during colder or drier times (in S FL).
FYI, Porsche is having lots of squealing issues on the new 19 CY's (steel and coated) and its not just in reverse but all aspects of everyday driving and thus far they've offered nothing, plus the non-caoted steel brakes emit lots of dust...at least Audi is trying. In addition to euro cars we also have a 19 Cadillac and once in a blue moon it too squeals briefly in reverse.
Same here.. As I have mentioned several times, prior to having the TSB performed the only time I was hearing any noise was in colder temps. Drove the Q7 through two summers (2017/18) without any noise at all but as soon as the temps dropped into the low 40's in the fall, and especially into the 30's they would squeal.

But even when they were making noise in the cold weather, usually after 5 mins +/- of driving the noise would go away as the brakes warmed up and usually the noise wouldn't return until the next morning after it sat outside overnight.

My dealer finally rec'd my parts the beginning of Feb and since then even during cold temps and snow the brakes have been quiet.
Old 04-13-2019, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

This morning the car has been sitting outside overnight and at 44 degrees, the brakes were squealing loudly while I was backing up my driveway. The brakes were even squealing while coming to a stop from a slow speed going forward, which never happened before the TSB that was performed about a year ago.

Will the newest TSB take care of this? Will the dealer perform another TSB when it's been done once before?
Old 05-07-2019, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Allroading17
Well I have the issue back again after getting new rotors and pads all under warranty (4) corners total-
Under 1000 miles issue back. Dealer replaced rotors and pads , yet problem is back. Now they say rotors need to be replaced but not covered under " goodwill" again.
Old 05-09-2019, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Does anyone have this issue in a 2019 Technic (Prestige in US I think) Q7? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-10-2019, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I just had the front pads replaced under one of the technical service bulletins. That seemed to fix the issue. Time will tell however
Old 06-05-2019, 04:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeak is back post-TSB

I had the TSB fix applied last July at my 20k service. About a month before my 30k service, it came back. Just got my car back from the 30k and they couldn’t replicate the issue, but inspected the brakes and claimed they looked fine. Just recorded it about 5 minutes ago and called back - nothing they can do. Audi’s position seems to be that their brakes do make some noise because they are “race brakes.” I countered that I would expect this type of noise from a 15-year-old beater, not a 2.5-year-old expensive car. Guess I’ll have to take it back up with AoA.

Anyone else having the same issue around 12 months / 10k miles after the TSB fix?
Old 07-18-2019, 04:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

I wish I had a video to post...
The 36 month lease on our 2017 Q7 came to an end this week. They sent a guy from AutoVin to our house to do the lease end inspection.
I'm in LA and it was about 75F outside that day. After he arrived, I had to move the Q7 in our driveway and when I tapped the brakes, the squeal made the inspector's face contort.
We chatted about the brake squeal for a couple minutes and then I left him alone to complete his job.
No mention at all about the brakes on his final report.

And yes, we had the "fix" applied about a year ago.

Quick Reply: 2017 Q7 BRAKE ISSUES, NO FIX IN SIGHT