Old 11-16-2017, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. That sounds bad.
Old 11-17-2017, 04:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by noxqzs
Mine only does it after sitting for hours, and it does it every morning rain or shine hot or cold. I also have about 24k on mine and with last service they measured the pads at ~7mm.
Originally Posted by petery129
Mine too, it would do that in the morning and after work, some times it does that while braking going forward. I have little over 23K on mine. I am used to the sound, it's like having a backup alarm.
Mine does this as well, typically makes this noise after sitting for a little while. It's generally worse in reverse but does it in forward as well at slow speeds in the driveway.

Originally Posted by Gsrjc
Wow. That sounds bad.
Yes. It's highly embarrassing and aggravating.
Old 11-17-2017, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I took it mine to the dealer again, they said they have been told by Audi not do do anything with it until the service bulletin comes out. They are claiming that they are working on a solution.

I would suggest we all call Audi and let them know our frustration.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by lapi
I took it mine to the dealer again, they said they have been told by Audi not do do anything with it until the service bulletin comes out. They are claiming that they are working on a solution.

Thats good to know.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah my dealership mentioned the same thing the last time I was in for my routine service. Pretty much have to live with it until a bulletin comes out. Im sure by the time they figure something out, I'll be due for new pads and rotors.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

Mine has slightly over 800 miles on ODO, it's doing it in forward coming out of the driveway in the morning. Yes it does sit for longer stretches of time, but it moves at least once everyday. The squeaking is not that loud yet, but it's audible above the music and closed windows. Goes away after few stops.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Usually this problem comes from not bedding the brakes in properly. Without replacing the pads, you could try having the rotors lightly sanded or scuffed and then bed the pads in properly. Or it might be something else as mentioned.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, the squeaky wheel (no pun intended) gets the grease. We need to hold Audi accountable for these kinds of things or they will never be properly remedied...no one should have to live with brakes that sound like the OP's!
Old 11-17-2017, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2017 Q7 had brake squeal start at around 9000 miles. Took car to dealer today for state inspection and mentioned squeal to dealer. Dealer confirmed and mentioned that they are seeing this often. Dealer said Audi is aware and they expect a service solution soon. Mentioned that a brake pad with a different composition will be the likely solution. Dealer stated that they would notify me when they have the fix.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

More and more car manufacturers install ceramic brake pads as OEM pads. However that also can cause pads to squeak especially when cold, once they warm up, squeaking goes away. Not sure if our vehicles come with ceramic pads by default, but that could explain it.

Quick Reply: 2017 Q7 BRAKE ISSUES, NO FIX IN SIGHT