Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2017 Q7 cannot be aligned, according to the dealer

Old 08-27-2019, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Q7 cannot be aligned, according to the dealer

Hello,
During a recent road trip, I noticed that the right front tire on my wife's 2017 Q7 Prestige with Black Optics (21" summer tires) was wearing unevenly. Outside edge was completely worn off (no more tread) whereas all the other tires had tread left everywhere. Tires were all somewhat worn so I replaced all 4 tires and scheduled an alignment with the dealership. Car has less than 25K miles and I used winter tires and rims for the winter.
The car has been at the dealership for 6 days now and I am being told that they are unable to align it to specs. Some how the left had too much camber and the right not enough. I am being told that they tried to shift the subframe but that they cannot bring the right tire to spec. There is no obvious sign of damage on any of the suspension pieces. Right now the dealer is saying it may be a bent suspension piece but they will not be able to tell until they take it apart. Unclear whether warranty would cover the work or not.
I am not comfortable with this scenario. Car is driven mostly around the city and on occasional weekend trips and we have never hit anything more substantial than a small pothole. I have a hard believing this would bend the suspension of a large SUV.

I have read from a number of people on this forum who have experienced uneven wear on the Q7 tires, but haven't heard that the car could not be realigned to specs. That sounds really strange. Car is still at the dealership awaiting a resolution from the shop manager.
Any input from people who may have had a similar experience would be welcome.

Thanks,
Old 08-27-2019, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Try another dealer if possible.
Old 08-28-2019, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update: Dealer recommended I contact Audi USA to approve work under warranty. I did and it looks like they worked it out. Dealer will start replacing suspension components until they can align it, under warranty. Weird but at least no cost to me. Will update when I get the car back. May be a while ...
Old 03-07-2022, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I am getting the same response from my Audi shop.... I sent it in bc the lane assist stopped working correctly... The car is tracking fine .... no pulling issue. The can't get the car to be in alignment specs.... they "think" it is the left strut.... can you send me any information on how you got Audi to do this thru warrenty?