Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2017 Q7 Improvement Suggestions

Old 03-07-2016, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Q7 Improvement Suggestions

1. Enable some way for the DVD player in the front of the vehicle to communicate with the RSE system.

2. Create single button way to go back and forth between MMI and Carplay. I shouldn't have to hit Menu, then Carplay. Suggestion -- Long Click on the Back Button.

3. Adaptive Cruise Control - When I choose "With Tolerance" if the speed limit changes, it should adapt to whatever tolerance I set it at. For example, if I have Cruise set at 65 mph in 55mph zone, if go into 45 mph zone speed should reduce to 55 mph not 45 mph.

4. Tire pressure monitors that show the actual tire pressures.

5. Way to turn the camera on when traveling under a certain speed for parking. This should be an option. However, it would be nice to be able to pull forward into a spot and have the camera automatically turn on all with the rest of the park assistance.

6. Enable the automated parking with a software update. I am sure that the vehicles have what is necessary to enable this, don't just put it on the next model to sell cars next year.

7. There should be some link on the Navigation screen to import an address through Audi Connect (this is the logical place one would look for such a thing).

8. Lengthen the time I can take my hands off the wheel when using the DAP. Even when I have my hand on the wheel it sometimes prompts me to actually move it.

9. Remote close the trunk (this may not be legal in the U.S.). LONG PRESS APPARENTLY CLOSES THE TRUNK

Feel free to add other things you have noticed.

None of the above is an indictment of the car. I love it. But things can always be improved.

Last edited by baltfan; 03-08-2016 at 04:35 PM.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

let me see if I'm understanding this correctly... the adaptive cruise on the 4M Q7 will also adapt to posted speed limits that it detects too and there's no way to disable that?

I love the functionality of adaptive cruise during long road trips as far as maintaining the speed that I MYSELF SET and just have the system maintain it according to traffic in front, but I do not want it to start obeying posted speed limits too... that would be awful! Please tell me the speed limit sign recognition/adaptation can be disabled.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by larryV
let me see if I'm understanding this correctly... the adaptive cruise on the 4M Q7 will also adapt to posted speed limits that it detects too and there's no way to disable that?

I love the functionality of adaptive cruise during long road trips as far as maintaining the speed that I MYSELF SET and just have the system maintain it according to traffic in front, but I do not want it to start obeying posted speed limits too... that would be awful! Please tell me the speed limit sign recognition/adaptation can be disabled.
You can set it so that the Adaptive Cruise Control ignores the speed limits completely. So you can use it the way that you are saying that you want to.

I have it set to "with tolerance". That way, if speed limit changes I am less likely to get a speeding ticket. However, when the speed changes it goes to the actual speed limit. I want it to go to the speed limit plus whatever I had added on previously.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

ah, got it! good to know.

what you're saying makes a lot of sense though... sounds like the system needs that kind of added flexibility when it comes to setting tolerance for posted limits.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by larryV
ah, got it! good to know.

what you're saying makes a lot of sense though... sounds like the system needs that kind of added flexibility when it comes to setting tolerance for posted limits.
Basically it makes it so that when the speed limit changes I end up flick the lever up 2-4 times (it jumps in 5 mph increments with large flicks).
Old 03-07-2016, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I agree with the tire pressure monitor system. They should really employ the same system as what came standard in our RS7; active TPMS with sensors on each wheel valve housing that will relay both pressure and temperature information for each specific corner. I realize that the RS7's TMPS sensors are expensive but there are definitely merits to monitoring temperature as well, and would be appropriate for a premium family hauler like the Q7.

Example: my pressures were perfectly fine at around 5k miles on the odo, but noticed that the front right had consistently higher temperatures by about 15-20 degrees F after I've been on highway speed for a few minutes, as compared to the other 3 corners. I thought this was unusual, so before our next road trip, I brought it to the dealer and sure enough, they discovered that the wheel weights had fallen off on the affected wheel and was imbalanced enough that it was showing higher temps due to wheel vibration that was somehow undetectable from the driver's seat (possibly due to the cushy air suspension). If I had not had the wheel rebalanced, I may have driven it to the point of causing uneven or accelerated wear, or possibly worse.
Old 03-07-2016, 03:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by baltfan
9. Remote close the trunk (this may not be legal in the U.S.)

Feel free to add other things you have noticed.

None of the above is an indictment of the car. I love it. But things can always be improved.
I second this. Don't think it has anything to do with legality.
All of my Escalades (made in Arlington, Texas) had the ability to close the trunk both from the interior switch as well as the remote key fob.
Only thing I can figure is Audi is afraid of liability if someone got hit on the head. The Escalades had a very distinctive chime that sounded anytime the lid was coming down - one would have to be pretty dense to not notice it.....
Old 03-07-2016, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

I would add the following:

10) Remote start from the app.

11) Automatic locking of the doors after the key fob has left the area.
Old 03-07-2016, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jallen0

They definitely could do #11 with a software change.
Old 03-07-2016, 08:30 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jallen0

12) More storage - that center console is almost laughable at how small it is

13) USB and high speed USB in rows 2 & 3.

14) 3rd row air vents

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2017 Q7 Improvement Suggestions