Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2017 q7 premium plus package

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 q7 premium plus package

Is there a package that is dealer installed? I have a buyers remorse that I ordered premium plus instead of prestige. Or Im planning maybe just to sell my car to the dealer and get a prestige. Bought it last Nov '16. What package is that with one that looks a foglight under the headlight? I love the car but the salesman didn't explain really the difference between premium plus and prestige. Is there any aftermarket exhaust for this?
Old 06-03-2017, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ouch, very expensive mistake. Sounds like you didn't do enough research prior to going into a dealership and/or you got a zero for a salesman.

Suggest you get onto the Audi USA website and configure a Q7 to see the difference in Prestige and Premium Plus. Not sure what you're talking about re foglights under the headlights; if you're not planning to keep it, why would you consider aftermark exhausts? Finally, where are you located, in the U.S. or elsewhere? If the former, I might consider going to another city and finding a different dealership!
Old 06-03-2017, 02:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by maic55
Is there a package that is dealer installed? I have a buyers remorse that I ordered premium plus instead of prestige. Or Im planning maybe just to sell my car to the dealer and get a prestige. Bought it last Nov '16. What package is that with one that looks a foglight under the headlight? I love the car but the salesman didn't explain really the difference between premium plus and prestige. Is there any aftermarket exhaust for this?
do you mean the globes? Sort of small, pool-ball sized?
Old 06-03-2017, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Interestingly, when I was shopping for mine, a lot of dealers were pushing Premium Plus and they were very dismissive of Prestige, saying that it's expensive and that there is really no difference ....... I thought - rrrrright, I was born at night, just not last night ..... Apparently, most dealers purchase Premium Plus to keep in stock, so they are happy to steer you into one of those instead of trying to find out what you would really like.

Here are some comments I got:
HUD - not worth it - I always turn it off, it's distracting
LED headlights - terrible HIDs are much better
Luxury package - no need - you have ventilated seats in our Premium model right here
Old 06-03-2017, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gsobol
Interestingly, when I was shopping for mine, a lot of dealers were pushing Premium Plus and they were very dismissive of Prestige, saying that it's expensive and that there is really no difference ....... I thought - rrrrright, I was born at night, just not last night ..... Apparently, most dealers purchase Premium Plus to keep in stock, so they are happy to steer you into one of those instead of trying to find out what you would really like.

Luxury package - no need - you have ventilated seats in our Premium model right here
1 - ehh, I would've liked it but a 3.0 Prestige would've been 10K out of budget
2 - difference is NIGHT and DAY, LEDs and the Vision pack are worth every penny
3 - I wish the Lux package had a separate option just for the comfort seats, they are amazing.
Old 06-03-2017, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gsobol

They were (and still are) pushing P+ because many do not have any Prestige models and want to move vehicles off the lot vs order when possible.

As far as those comments they gave you, All could not be further from the truth.
Old 06-03-2017, 06:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Meyecul
They were (and still are) pushing P+ because many do not have any Prestige models and want to move vehicles off the lot vs order when possible.

As far as those comments they gave you, All could not be further from the truth.
It's so weird - dealers have a ton of P+, and willing to cut bigger deals on them, but are rarely willing to budge on a Prestige, unless you really twist their arms and do your research. Not sure why they don't order more Prestiges and push those.
Old 06-03-2017, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

We purchased a Premium+ for the specific reason that I didn't really think we needed the HUD and preferred the 19" wheels with non-runflat tires. Only tradeoff was the ambient lighting.
Granted the MSRP price difference at the time was $795.00, since our ordered car had the Premium+, Vision, Warm Weather, and Bose. Don't get too stuck on the 'Prestige' by name only... The really benefit to that trim level is the options that become available when you purchase the top trim (Luxury, Night Vision, B&O). Definitely fine if you are looking to spend $80k on the car. I personally felt that $10k of options was more than enough and our vehicle price of $62k was really more than I had originally set out to spend.
Old 06-03-2017, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by maic55
The fog lamp look alike are really Long range radar units used for adaptive cruise, emergency braking and such. Although you really only need one on the car, looks like Audi used two of them for aesthetic reasons. Here's a link for more info:
http://products.bosch-mobility-solut...tt_de_2009.pdf
Old 06-03-2017, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by zekeman
Ouch, very expensive mistake. Sounds like you didn't do enough research prior to going into a dealership and/or you got a zero for a salesman.

Suggest you get onto the Audi USA website and configure a Q7 to see the difference in Prestige and Premium Plus. Not sure what you're talking about re foglights under the headlights; if you're not planning to keep it, why would you consider aftermark exhausts? Finally, where are you located, in the U.S. or elsewhere? If the former, I might consider going to another city and finding a different dealership!
The foglight that I was talking about is mentioned by Myster. I guess its a long range radar unit. If I won't be able to trade the car, I was hoping to keep it and look for an aftermarket exhaust which I can't find any. Some ABT accessories looks good too. I'm from Tennessee.

Quick Reply: 2017 q7 premium plus package