Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2017 Q7 replacement brakes

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Q7 replacement brakes

I apologize if this info is out there, I've tried searching the forum and can't seem to find it.

My 2017 Q7 has about 36K miles on it and needs new brakes. I refuse to put the factory brakes on it because the damn things squeak up a storm. I can't seem to find replacement brakes that are made for the q7, and even the mechanic that Costco says to use can't find them. What suggestions do you guys have that won't squeak and are somewhat reasonable?

Thanks,

JD-
Old 01-11-2019, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by dornjmd
I apologize if this info is out there, I've tried searching the forum and can't seem to find it.

My 2017 Q7 has about 36K miles on it and needs new brakes. I refuse to put the factory brakes on it because the damn things squeak up a storm. I can't seem to find replacement brakes that are made for the q7, and even the mechanic that Costco says to use can't find them. What suggestions do you guys have that won't squeak and are somewhat reasonable?

Thanks,

JD-
Uh, complain to Audi about your sqealing brakes and they may replace them for free under warranty
Old 01-11-2019, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I already did that at 5K miles. They responded, "These are performance brakes. They squeak if they are cold." There is a class action suit about it.

https://thebrakereport.com/audi-q7-b...ction-lawsuit/
Old 01-11-2019, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Do not accept that answer. Let them know Audi has issued a bulletin on this and fix is available. Many here have had theirs replaced
Old 01-11-2019, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

What was the fix if you know? At this point in time, it isn't right for me to request free brakes from them because I really do need new ones regardless of the squeaking and my neighbors having complained. I'm just worried that if I get replacements from Audi they too will squeak. I'd just like to know my options for when that happens.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by dornjmd
What was the fix if you know? At this point in time, it isn't right for me to request free brakes from them because I really do need new ones regardless of the squeaking and my neighbors having complained. I'm just worried that if I get replacements from Audi they too will squeak. I'd just like to know my options for when that happens.
You've complained about it before so they've got it logged. I would call and complain and ask them to look up the fix from Audi. I dont know exactly what it is but it was posted here just recently, so try doing a search. Then given the the technical bulletin number and go get your brakes
Old 01-11-2019, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks, I found it and am putting it here in case anyone comes here with the same problem I had. In theory, it is good for 4 years, 48k miles. I should get new front pads.

TSB 2050735/3
Old 01-11-2019, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BigKutta
Do not accept that answer. Let them know Audi has issued a bulletin on this and fix is available. Many here have had theirs replaced
I've brought mine in TWICE with the TSB number in hand, and both times was told to effectively pound sand. I complained 30 days after receiving the vehicle (now two years ago), and was told it's a normal squeal for performance brakes. I've brought it in a number of times even after the existence of the TSB and told them I complained within a month of ownership. Still being told the TSB is "informational," and I would have to pay.

**** Audi and **** the dealers.

I'd buy a goddamn Kia before I'd buy another piece of **** from Audi.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:54 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My dealer said the TSB only applies if you have 8mm of brake left, which neither me nor the OP has. So back to the original question: Does anyone know of any replacement brakes that don’t squeal?
Old 01-11-2019, 09:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My brakes were replaced under the TSB and they haven't squealed since. I would feel confident replacing with the NEW part number.

Quick Reply: 2017 Q7 replacement brakes